brothers of jews

according to catholics who are brothers of jews?

I don’t understand the question. According to Catholicism/Christianity as a whole (As I was taught) ALL men are brothers.

Levi has a brother. His name is Simon. Simon is a brother to Levi. Levi is a Jew. Simon is then a brother to a Jew while also being a Jew himself, which of course makes Levi a brother to a Jew too. You see they are two Jews. These two Jews went into business selling screws. Their busines boomed because of their catchy slogan:

Buy two screws from two Jews and get another screw at half off, unless you’re Catholic then you also get your fourth screw free.

So to this Catholic anyway it’s Simple Simon is the brother of the two screw Jews.

Should be clear enough, I’m pretty sure.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Comedy gold.

i was asking about geneology
arent arabs brothers of jews?

hola

no isaac and ishmael were half brothers, arabs and israelites are just the people derived from that.

the passage you are attempting to interpret means among the Jews, not the arabs. God address the israelites and says from among your countrymen/nation/brethren. it fortolled the coming of the prophets who would guide the israelites, not one singular prophet.

que Dios te bendiga

doesnt the bible say that prophets issac and ishmael (peace be upon them ) to be brothers?(i know that you dont believe prophet ishmael to be prophet i say it acc. to my religion)

among their brothers Not among themselves

We are the other half of ISRAEL, not the state!, but of God’s chosen people.
Peace be with you.

hola

no, Deuteronomy 18 is a restatement of Deuteronomy 15, except this time it is Moses recounting what God said to him about the Israelites instead of God speaking directly to the Israelites:

15"The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him.

16"This is according to all that you asked of the LORD your God in Horeb on the day of the assembly, saying, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, let me not see this great fire anymore, or I will die.’

17"The LORD said to me (MOSES), 'They have spoken well.

18’I (God, speaking to Moses) will raise up a prophet from among their (the Israelites, whom they are speaking about) countrymen like you (Moses, the person to whom God is speaking), and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

it is about prophets, the Israelites desired to be lead by God but not directly by God because to see and hear Him is too much for them, so He promised to communicate to them through prophets… and He will periodically raise them up to bring messages.

our blessed St. Peter has already answered these lies 2000 years ago.

[quote=Sermon of Peter in Acts 3]20 and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you,

21 whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

22 "Moses (not God) said, 'THE LORD GOD WILL RAISE UP FOR YOU A PROPHET LIKE ME FROM YOUR BRETHREN; TO HIM YOU SHALL GIVE HEED to everything He says to you.

23’ And it will be that every (soul that does not heed that prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.’

24 "And likewise, all the prophets who have spoken, from Samuel and his successors onward, also announced these days.

25 "It is you (the Jews) who are the sons of the prophets and of the covenant which God made with your fathers, saying to Abraham, ‘AND IN YOUR SEED ALL THE FAMILIES OF THE EARTH SHALL BE BLESSED.’
[/quote]

que Dios te bendiga

si, isaac and ishmael were brothers. according to the traditional family unit their children (the arabs and israelites) would have been cousins. but according to the bible they are not even cousins.

there is no prophet to be raised outside of israel… why are the children of ishmael so thirsty for isaac’s covenant? are they displeased with what God has given them?

22 "Moses (not God) said, 'THE LORD GOD WILL RAISE UP FOR YOU A PROPHET LIKE ME FROM YOUR BRETHREN; TO HIM YOU SHALL GIVE HEED to everything He says to you.

a prophet not prophets reread it again ,it also say from among their brothers not among themselves

read this plz and see if you believe in the bible or not
1 Chronicles 28 The sons of Abraham:
Isaac and Ishmael.

Why do you try to quote biblical scripture but only twist and mangle it to your own understanding?
You are a muslim trying to make us understand the bible the way you do.
Do you not see a problem with this?
Can you just state your real reason for being here, do you think that you will win converts?

win converts and twist bible ?can you tell me if i tell lies ?if i take something out of context? where is twisting?

I’m busy pondering the wonders of being an only child! :wink:

I dont know if you want to tell lies, thats your own choice .But what I am saying is as a muslim you want to read us our bible interpret it and makes us understand what it is you are making it say.
Now, we do not read the bible out of context.
Like I said what is your real motive here? Simple question.

To the OP:
Are Jews your brothers?

The offspring of brothers or half brothers are not brothers but cousins.

its normal in herbew to call cousins brothers like that
Deuteronomy 2:4 Give the people these orders: 'You are about to pass through the territory of your brothers the descendants of Esau, who live in Seir. They will be afraid of you, but be very careful

Nu 20:14 Moses sent messengers from Kadesh to the king of Edom, saying:
"This is what your brother Israel says: You know about all the hardships that have come upon us.

Deuteronomy 23:7 Do not abhor an Edomite, for he is your brother. Do not abhor an Egyptian, because you lived as an alien in his country.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.