Broward sheriff's deputies cowered behind cars, tree with Parkland shooter believed in school, report says

Broward sheriff’s deputies cowered behind cars, tree with Parkland shooter believed in school, report says
Travis Fedschun By Travis Fedschun | Fox News April 24, 2018
The deputies who were among the first to arrive to the scene of the Florida school massacre were found cowering behind their cars and a nearby tree and had no idea where the gunman was, according to an official report released Tuesday.
The report from Coral Springs Officer Bryan Wilkins details how he arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School within minutes of the active shooter alert – only to find Broward County Sheriff’s Officers hadn’t entered the school, but were instead taking cover.
“I saw approximately four Broward County Sheriff’s Office vehicles parked in the west bound lane with their personnel taking up exterior positions behind their vehicles,” Wilkins wrote. “I drove up just west of the campus building 1200, exited my vehicle, grabbed my AR-15 rifle and donned on my tactical/medical gear. As I was advancing on foot through the chain-link fence, I was advised by an unknown BSO Deputy taking cover behind a tree, ‘he is on the third floor.’” . . .
. . . the Broward County Sheriff’s Office received heavy criticism for its handling of the situation, including the actions of Scot Peterson, the school’s resource officer, who stood outside the building as the attack unfolded.
The former deputy denied wrongdoing and retired from the office before an investigation was launched. The Broward County Sheriff’s Office released footage of the shooting that showed Peterson spending most of the time during the shooting standing outside the school with his gun drawn.
The report released Tuesday indicates it wasn’t just Peterson that couldn’t find Cruz, as Wilkins noted in his report the other officers at the scene couldn’t locate where the shooting took place. . . .

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/24/broward-sheriffs-deputies-cowered-behind-cars-tree-with-parkland-shooter-believed-in-school-report-says.html

The Broward County Sheriff who criticized the NRA and others regarding the Parkland shooting contends HE has provided “amazing leadership”.

2 Likes

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel now faceing a no confidence vote from his own deputies.

Parkland sheriff faces no confidence vote
Apr. 24, 2018 - 4:22 - Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel discredited himself with his handling of the Parkland shooting, where he tried to vilify gun owners as a group while heaping credit on himself. Now he faces a no confidence vote from his own deputies. #Tucker

1 Like

In their defense they were ordered by their superior not to enter the building. If they had entered it is likely they would have been disciplined for it. Not saying anything was wrong or right but keep that in mind.

Thanks for sharing, I wasn’t aware of that point.

Sheriff Israel must resign.

click here google you tube sheriff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuZ9cbvfe_U

Good point.

Maybe someone will summon up courage.

redbaron162 . . .

In their defense they were ordered by their superior not to enter the building. If they had entered it is likely they would have been disciplined for it. Not saying anything was wrong or right but keep that in mind.

Good point.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this is part of the reason for the proverbial “mutiny” by the deputies.

The deputies looked terrible throughout this and I am sure THEY don’t like being referred to as “Browards Cowards” and other descriptive pejoratives throughout the nation.

They are trained to do their job. Not sit back and be spectators.

More will come to light later. Remember all the audio is not even out yet.

The items that HAVE came out are perplexing. Like the sheriff giving thousands of dollars worth of tax-free and taxpayer-paid-for-gasoline . . . . . that was meant for the police . . . . . to a local business.

The deputies know something we don’t know for them to publicly do this to their own boss.

2 Likes

And we have it all on video.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.