Brown Scapular Devotion

I've had brown scapulars for years, mainly just wearing it unaware about enrollment and the other requirements that go with it. Awhile ago, I got a brown scapular and enrolled it, but the other one has been blessed by a priest...is that okay?

Something on this site confused me:

After enrollment in the Confraternity of the Scapular, the scapular may be replaced by a Carmelite scapular medal worn around the neck. The enrollment is for a lifetime and need not be repeated, and new scapulars do not need to be blessed again but scapular medals do.

Does that work in retrospect as well? I tend to wear my older one since its not as itchy so I'm curious.

Has anyone experienced special blessings by wearing it? Even though I haven't been praying the Rosary as required due to ignorance, I feel closer to Mary and Jesus.

I'm not completely sure, but the way it was explained to me is that the blessing is on you, not just the scapular.. so whichever scapular you wear, will be blessed. Maybe someone can confirm this :)

God bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.