Burkina Faso parliament set ablaze

Burkina Faso parliament set ablaze

Protesters angry at plans to allow Burkina Faso’s President Blaise Compaore to extend his 27-year-rule have set fire to parliament.
Correspondents say the city hall and ruling party headquarters are also in flames in the capital, Ouagadougou.
A huge crowd is surging towards the presidential palace and the main airport has been shut…

bbc.com/news/world-africa-29831262

If the President is a tyrant, let’s hope he is deposed without bloodshed. 27 years, I don’t blame them for wanting a Democratic government, certainly sounds like a dictatorship.

bbc.com/news/world-africa-29851445

Updating this story, it appears the long-time President of Burkina Faso is stepping down.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Burkina_Faso

Religious-wise if anyone wonders, it does look like it is 60% Muslim, 23% Christian, I don’t think this strife is due to any problems with faith.

It seems a bit more complex than just saying they follow these religions, they may mix in other beliefs as well and a portion follow “Animism” which I think is a sort of primitive worship of nature.

Pictures of the protests: bbc.com/news/in-pictures-29843989

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.