"Burn ISIS Flag Challenge" Goes Viral in Arab World

Link to article

From the article: A social media viral campaign has sprung up in the Arab world that involves burning the Isis flag.

The trend started after three Lebanese youths posted pictures of them burning the flag associated with the militant group, also known as Islamic State, in the middle of Sassine Square in Beirut.

Praying for them…

I certainly hope there isn’t retribution. ISIS doesn’t seem like the kind of group to react mildly.

I would need some verification on this story. The ISIS flag has the name “Allah” on it twice; I can’t see Muslims profaning something with that name on it.

I would need some verification on this story. The ISIS flag has the name “Allah” on it twice; I can’t see Muslims profaning something with that name on it.

Strange you should mention this.

Lebanons Minister for Justice Ashraf Rifi took to his Facebook page soon afterwards, saying legal action should be taken against them as their act could provoke interfaith violence in the country. He also feels its an insult to Islam, because the ISIS flag features the Shahada, which is the declaration of Muslim faith.

france24.com/en/20140908-anti-isis-flag-burning-campaign-in-lebanon/

The story is certainly making the rounds.

I’m not sure that they are all Muslims. They might be Arab Christians. And the ones who are Muslim are most likely “Cafeteria Muslims”

I’m afraid that World War III might be coming and it won’t be with the Communists like everyone thought. :eek:

I am also afraid that World War III is coming and I believe it will be with Muslims.

A simple fix would be to cut the words out, even saying something like, this doesn’t belong on the flag of thugs, and burning what’s left.

I think the Arab league needs to make propaganda by saying. We will help the west in attacking any jihadists terrorist group. We will destroy them even if they are in our backyard. To those who plan to join Isis or al-queda we will kill you.

They say that one dies and a new member jumps on board. But if these kids see that their own countries are now going to retaliate, maybe, then maybe these individuals stop forever.

And the middle east suggested paper flags copied on a copy machine as they are sympathetic that the flags are not readily available in the West.

That should solve all the flag problems. The youth in the ME are comparing it to the ice bucket challenge. I’m not a big fan of either idea.

Islam is not the problem. Terrorism is. Terrorists have defiled the religion of Islam and use it as a convenient excuse for their murderous leanings.

Through what source do the terrorists gain their murderous leanings? Is it natural phenomena?

Human nature is fallen.

Do you believe that Islam is the catalyst of terrorism?

To claim such a thing would be against forum rules… But i do wonder why Islamic Terrorists tore up Constantinople, as well as other non-muslim majority areas in the ME. For 1400 years, terrorism has existed in the name of Mohammed. Its strange. :shrug:

I know many, many people, in the Middle East, and out, and throughout history, that would disagree with you regarding Islam not being part of the “problem.”

They would just say that Islam is not, nor has ever been, a “religion of peace.” Reading the Quran and Hadiths ina discerning, open-eyed way would make one see that clearly.

Look up Robert Spencer online. Coptic Fr. Zacharias Boutros on Youtube. Among other people who have made it their lives to study Islam.

Terrorism it is to you-----to them, it is being a “good muslim” doing Jihad. IMO.:(:frowning:

Will not say anything else because it would sort of derail the thread. This is MY opinion, BTW. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes…it is strange…isn’t it? :rolleyes::shrug:

America’s been fighting World War III since at least September 11, 2001. We just tend to not want to acknowledge it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.