Burn Koran on 911?

I heard in the news today that a church plans to burn the koran on 911, what do you think?

Apart from the fact it’s disrespectful, insulting and offensive, not a lot.

One of the rules of this particular forum is you need a news source to start a thread. Are there any news articles on the internet about this?

I agree, it would be disrespectful.

Big mistake, If it were the Bible being considered think of that reaction from Christians and Jews.
Peace, Carlan

I think your stay at CAF will be rather short.

I agree. I’m no fan of Islam, but this is going a bit too far.

How would you like it if someone planned to burn the Bible or Catechism?

I’m not a fan of this activity and I did notice the OP did not post the article which is part of the rules for news forum.

Here is the article, plus there are many more out there.

nationalpost.com/scripts/Church+hold+burn+Koran/3325980/story.html

In my opinion, the whole thing is stupd and it’s only going to create more problems.

I hope Florida is up for the chaos…

I think absolutely nothing good could come from it.

Bad idea.

Burning the Koran only feeds the radical islamic front and their activities. It does nothing to serve God or His kingdom.

Peace
James

even though they’re not Catholic, most non-Christans won’t be able to tell the difference. this would reflect badly on us as well.

Sorry but that’s like dropping a bomb on civilians just because there are terrorists among them.

I’d rather they burn an effigy of Osama Bin Laden… or do what Jeff Dunham did. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a silly publicity stunt, but as for it being offensive, people blaspheme the name of Jesus every day and that’s infitely worse than burning the Koran.

no link to a news article

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.