Bush Abortion Proposal Raises Ire of Health Groups

This seems to be something everyone should oppose, including pro-lifers. Note:

[quote=“Wall Street Journal”]State officials argue it could void state laws and require insurance plans to cover contraceptives and require hospitals to offer emergency contraception to rape victims.
[/quote]

I believe requiring emergency contraception is opposed by some pro-lifers and some Catholics may have problems with requiring insurance plans to cover contraceptives, especially abortifacient ones – or ones pro-lifers say are abortifacient.

blogs.wsj.com/health/2008/11/18/bush-abortion-proposal-raises-ire-of-health-groups-eeoc/

Pro-choicers have reason to oppose this too.

As does everyone. Opposition is building.

To all of those Catholics married to their democratic party…who slammed Bush on his pro life views and strongly supported the most pro abortion candidate in history…

At what point will you admit that Bush was one of the most pro life presidents ever?

At what point will you admit that Obama is the most pro abortion nomination ever?

originally posted** by jthh**
I believe requiring emergency contraception is opposed by some pro-lifers and some Catholics may have problems with requiring insurance plans to cover contraceptives, especially abortifacient ones – or ones pro-lifers say are abortifacient.

This is just a red herring.(article written in NY Times)

The original intent of the bill put forth by the Bush Administration was to prevent an employer forcing an employee to take part in abortions or giving out emergency contraception if it violated their religious views.

Many nurses don’t like giving out these pills, have lost good jobs and been forced to get jobs in elderly care where they don’t have to deal with this.

The rules are not in place in all institutes.

This bill has been around for awhile and I hope it passes but the democrats won’t pass it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.