Businesses to receive incentive for hiring illegal immigrants, report says

Businesses will have a $3,000-per-employee incentive to hire illegal immigrants or native-born workers under President Obama’s sweeping action on illegal immigration.

Because of a kink in ObamaCare, businesses will not face a penalty for not providing illegal immigrants health care, The Washington Times reports. Illegal immigrants are ineligible for public benefits such as buying insurance on ObamaCare’s health exchanges.

foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/26/businesses-to-receive-incentive-to-hire-illegal-immigrants-report-says/?intcmp=latestnews

Notice FOX News puts this story under the heading of Politics and not The Economy…it is honest, I guess, in that everything at FOX News is a political statement pitting Americans against each other.

I’m just saying!

This article is fundamentally dishonest.

There is no formal “incentive.”

Illegal immigrants aren’t eligible for Obamacare. That’s it. That’s the alleged “incentive.” Employers who hire illegal immigrants don’t have to provide them with health insurance. That’s it. That’s all.

Fox News and the Washington Times have put out a spin article intended to mislead outraged conservatives. That is all. As usual.

I disagree. If a bushiness gets a tangible benefit for hiring an illegal immigrant over a legal one or over a citizen, and that benefit is caused (directly or indirectly) by a government action, that’s an incentive. Just because it’s not a “formal incentive” or a “direct incentive” doesn’t mean it’s not an incentive.

Neofight;12524452]Notice FOX News puts this story under the heading of Politics and not The Economy…it is honest, I guess, in that everything at FOX News is a political statement pitting Americans against each other.

:rolleyes:

FOX NEWS goes out of its way to accommodate all points of view short of directly letting ISIS or al quedia spread their propaganda.

If someone is talked about extensively on FOX and doesn’t bother to show up to refute any claims for/against them or their arguments on a top 3-5 cable channel, then frankly they are just too afraid to go on and it’s FOX NEW’s problem.

The one institution that is dividing this country is the White House and the DNC with their nasty identity politics.

I’m just saying!

Anytime you see this quote, folks, it means the preceding argument lacks confidence, substance or both-----or at the very least lacks its own intended meaning.

They also get a benefit by not paying SS taxes or paying people “under the table”. Maybe all employers will start doing that also.

Don’t they already get that benefit when they hire illegal immigrants?

Most businesses did not hire illegal immigrants prior to the President’s action. If they did, they were participating in an illegal activity. This new situation is a **legal **incentive.

Your analogy fails because the chosen comparison is completely illegal. Not having to pay healthcare on illegals workers is NOT the same because it is clearly allowed in the Obamacare laws, making it a clear double standard, but not illegal. Not paying SS taxes or paying people under the table, is illegal, period.

Ties the record for the quickest arrival of a "Fox News is Evil " reply in a thread.

The shoe fits.

Except Obama just made it LEGAL to hire them. So you can indeed legally hire them, not provide insurance and not pay the 2,000 fine for providing insurance you would pay for not covering citizens. no spin-just the facts.

Then Congress needs to remove the loophole. Either 1) require them to provide the same benefits they provide to their other workers or 2) fine them anyway. Problem solved.

BTW, does this loophole apply to other non-citizens that have a work permit?

No -because the other non-citizens are here legally.

So its congresses job to fix Obama’s mess? Perhaps if he hadn’t ruled by executive fiat we wouldn’t have the problem. I suspect, as with most of the things this administration does, they acted without thinking things through.

‘for you were once aliens in egypt’.

Did God proscribe that it should be more beneficial to hire illegal aliens than citizens?

no, i think he said to treat aliens with mercy. do you want me to look up the passage?

I don’t think God really cares about whether we subsidize or don’t subsidize illegal aliens.

Actually I support what Obama did-I just don’t support the way he did it. The problem in this instance is the ACA-an ill thought out law that is hurting people and businesses.

Agreed-so the scripture quote was really quite irrelevant to the discussion.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.