Busy but lonely

Hi. I was divorced 6 years ago when I was 33. I'm 39 now and finally working on my annulment. I so regret not doing that right away. I put my faith on the back-burner after the divorce, and, unfortunately proceeded to get into a serious relationship that I've been in for the past five years. Me and this man are on-again-off-again, but I'm trying to be strong and end the relationship...I'm trying to amend my life, but it's been so very difficult. The loneliness is terrible. I don't have a lot of friends, and it would help just to have someone to go catch a movie with or something every now and then, you know? I work part time and also homeschool my three kids (two are on the autism spectrum) - you'd think that would be enough to keep me busy, but I still get very lonely. I pray the Rosary every day and really am trying to focus on my relationship with Christ and his beautiful Church, but I still feel so alone. Anybody been here or have any advice? Thank you!

[quote="animachristi1, post:1, topic:226560"]
Hi. I was divorced 6 years ago when I was 33. I'm 39 now and finally working on my annulment. I so regret not doing that right away. I put my faith on the back-burner after the divorce, and, unfortunately proceeded to get into a serious relationship that I've been in for the past five years. Me and this man are on-again-off-again, but I'm trying to be strong and end the relationship...I'm trying to amend my life, but it's been so very difficult. The loneliness is terrible. I don't have a lot of friends, and it would help just to have someone to go catch a movie with or something every now and then, you know? I work part time and also homeschool my three kids (two are on the autism spectrum) - you'd think that would be enough to keep me busy, but I still get very lonely. I pray the Rosary every day and really am trying to focus on my relationship with Christ and his beautiful Church, but I still feel so alone. Anybody been here or have any advice? Thank you!

[/quote]

I'm adding you to my Rosary tonight, sweetheart. :console:

If you are in Lower Alabama, let me know! Busy is great, but having someone to talk to is sometimes priceless. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Come to CAF if you get lonely. There is something special about talking with friends who all share the same goal as you do-helping others learn more about our faith.

I'm praying for you ma'am!

Prayers for you from me, too.

I don't have any advice, I just wanted to say that I have a friend that went through the annulment process and she said it was very healing for her. It was difficult, but healing.

Thanks everyone. I'm hanging in there. Trying to focus on my relationship with God and my children. Thanks.

When my sister was divorcing, and getting an annullment.. she called every aquantaince she had that lived in the area. And just straight out told them...

I'm getting a divorce, I'm having a hard time, and need some friends to keep from going crazy.

These people (probably none of the Catholic...) rallied for her. They let her know of every party, and outing they were going on... They called and just talked...

If you can't do that... try joining some groups that you have a common situation with. Mom's of autistic children (BLESS YOU!!!!), mom's that home school, just regular mother's groups.... single moms raising all the kids.... anything that other women can resonate with...

I'm a twin mom, and joined a twins club. I can't tell you how many of us pick up the phone for advise from another. I am now very dear friends with a woman that was referred to me, because she also has boy/boy twins and was going crazy with their behavior. A friend of mine told her she HAD to talk to me... so she called, and we've been great friends for over 3 years now... she's def. a go to person for me!!! Even if you can't get out of the house (not many mom's can), you can talk on the phone, or by e-mail... you NEED that interaction.

You can plan girls night out with these ladies... etc... and THEN... who knows, maybe one of them know a single man that you hit it off with... it could happen!!!!! Or you trade babysitting with each other... Things to lighten the load, so you can GO HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!

Also, I'm not a home schooler... but it seems in my reading about home schooling that you and the kids might benefit from school outings perhaps organized with other moms... so you can have some interaction there!

Good luck!

Probably burnt out on teaching since you home school, but, with your experience with autism and teaching- have you considered perhaps assisting in your church's CCD program? Assistant instructor etc. ? Can meet some nice people that way, other instructors, parents. It can also help deepen your faith.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.