Buy heaven?

Might one be able to say that Heaven is purchased by faith, hope, love, works, perseverance et cetera?

We trade, barter or buy heaven with the gifts God gives us. We trade the world and hell for heaven with grace.

Just a question or idea…

[quote=Jim Baur]Might one be able to say that Heaven is purchased by faith, hope, love, works, perseverance et cetera?

We trade, barter or buy heaven with the gifts God gives us. We trade the world and hell for heaven with grace.

Just a question or idea…

[/quote]

Hello Jim,

Through the blood of Jesus, God offers eternal life to those who love Him. Some say that loving God to go to heaven is “earning” your salvation. Is loving ones spouce and family “earning” them?

The way people go to heaven is through the blood of Jesus. The reason God brings the saints through the blood of Jesus into eternal life, over the damned, is because they have loved Him. Bringing saints into eternal life through Christ’s blood and into spiritual existance bound to God for all eternity, because saints possess love for God, seems a far greater, and more glorious to God, reason than those who say God randomly sellects who He will give “faith” to so they can go to heaven.

Please visit www.ILOVEYOUGOD.com

NAB DEU 30:15 The Choice before Israel.

"Here then, I have today set before you life and prosperity, death and doom. If you obey the commandments of the LORD, your God, which I enjoin on you today, loving him, and walking in his ways, and keeping his commandments, statutes and decrees, you will live

INT 1JO 5:3

This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome.INT JOH 14:15

“If you love me, you will obey what I command.”

**INT JOH 14:23 **

Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.”
**NAB JOH 15:22 **

“If I had not come to them and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; now, however, their sin cannot be excused. To hate me is to hate my Father. Had I not performed such works among them as no one has ever done before, they would not be guilty of sin; but as it is, they have seen, and they go on hating me and my Father.NAB SIR 15:11 Man’s Free Will.

Say not: “It was God’s doing that I fell away”; for what he hates he does not do. Say not: “It was he who set me astray”; for he has no need of wicked man. Abominable wickedness the LORD hates, he does not let it befall those who fear him. When God, in the beginning, created man, he made him subject to his own free choice. If you choose you can keep the commandments; it is loyalty to do his will. There are set before you fire and water; to whichever you choose, stretch forth your hand. Before man are life and death, whichever he chooses shall be given him.
NAB DEU 5:9

“. . . you shall not have other gods besides me. You shall not bow down before them or worship them. For I, the LORD, your God, am a jealous God, inflicting punishments for their fathers’ wickedness on the children of those who hate me, down to the third and fourth generation but bestowing mercy, down to the thousandth generation, on the children of those who love me and keep my commandments.

**NAB JOH 14:21 **

“**He who obeys the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me; and he who loves me will be loved by my Father. I too will love him and reveal myself to him.” **

[quote=Jim Baur]Might one be able to say that Heaven is purchased by faith, hope, love, works, perseverance et cetera?

Just a question or idea…

[/quote]

I would be careful saying that you can “purchase” heaven. We are saved by grace, through faith. Don’t forget that the Protestant revolution started by the misconception that Catholics were “purchasing” indulgences to “buy” their relatives out of Purgatory.

It’s possibly, possibly, an acceptable analogy as long as you remember that God gave you all the “money” you used to purchase it.

The “currency” is not our’s, but a grace or gift from Jesus Christ. He paid the price, but gives us the gift. I suppose the better word at the time of Jesus Christ would be barter or trade.

Buried in Field Found

St. Matthew 13: 44 “The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in a field, which a person finds and hides again, and out of joy goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.”

Pearl of Great Price

St. Matthew 13: 45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant searching for fine pearls. 46 When he finds a pearl of great price, he goes and sells (barters or trades) all that he has and buys it.

[quote=Jim Baur]The “currency” is not our’s, but a grace or gift from Jesus Christ. He paid the price, but gives us the gift. I suppose the better word at the time of Jesus Christ would be barter or trade.

Buried in Field Found

St. Matthew 13: 44 “The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in a field, which a person finds and hides again, and out of joy goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.”

Pearl of Great Price

St. Matthew 13: 45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant searching for fine pearls. 46 When he finds a pearl of great price, he goes and sells (barters or trades) all that he has and buys it.
[/quote]

Hello Jim,

When ever I think of Christ’s teaching on pearl of great price, I think of Mother Theresa. Here is a woman who turned away from all worldly comforts she could have had in the world in order to care for the poor.

Jesus tells us that the Kingdom of God is within our hearts. Jesus tells us that we store up riches in heaven when we care for the poor. Jesus tells us that the wheat sown on good soil produces fruit one hundred or sixty or thirty fold.

Mankind’s love for God is the Kingdom of God. Through Jesus blood, God eternally surrounds Himself with those who have produced the fruit of love for God

Please visit Parables Painting Pictures of Paradise

As a sower sows his crops so has God sown His Word on earth. In the soil of human free willed hearts grows love and hate for God. Through the blood of Jesus, those bearing the fruits of love for God are harvested to become and eternal kingdom for God.

You might say that, but the truth would be is that Heaven is only bought and paid for by the blood of our Our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.

[quote=Semper Fi]You might say that, but the truth would be is that Heaven is only bought and paid for by the blood of our Our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.
[/quote]

He then turned and gave us the price which is the Gospel-- that is, For I am not ashamed of the gospel. It is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: for Jew first, and then Greek (Romans 1: 16).

I can’t understand the mystery. I believe the faith.

We use the heavenly currency (faith, hope, love, good works, sacraments, or grace in general) that Christ bought for us. We trade or barter or buy heaven.

I do not know if my understanding is correct, I am just pondering the idea. I do believe the faith. It is my undersanding that I am trying to put in line with the faith.

[quote=Semper Fi]You might say that, but the truth would be is that Heaven is only bought and paid for by the blood of our Our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.
[/quote]

Hello Semper,

Can you show us the scriptures which you believe teach that you can hate God with all your, unrepentant unto death, heart and still go to heaven through Jesus?

Do we all agree that some people go to heaven and some people go to hell?

We all believe that the only way to go to heaven is through the blood of Jesus. Let us now focus on what causes some to enter into heaven through Christ’s payment and what causes some to Not enter into heaven through Christ’s payment. Jesus indicates that it is those who love Him who go to heaven through Him. You seem to indicate that a person can hate Jesus all they want and it will not effect their salvation through Him. Which is it?

**NAB MAT 7:12 **

" . . . treat others the way you would have them treat you: this sums up the law and the prophets. Enter through the narrow gate. The gate that leads to damnation is wide, the road is clear, and many choose to travel it. But how narrow is the gate that leads to life, how rough the road, and how few there are who find it!" **NAB JOH 15:22 **

“If I had not come to them and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; now, however, their sin cannot be excused. To hate me is to hate my Father. Had I not performed such works among them as no one has ever done before, they would not be guilty of sin; but as it is, they have seen, and they go on hating me and my Father.

**INT JOH 14:23 **

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching.
NAB MAT 19:16

“Teacher, what good must I do to possess everlasting life?” He answered, "Why do you question me about what is good? There is One who is good. If you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments."

**NAB JOH 14:21 **

"He who obeys the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me; and he who loves me will be loved by my Father. I too will love him and reveal myself to him." NAB REV 22:12

"Remember, I am coming soon! I bring with me the reward that will be given to each man as his conduct deserves.
**NAB MAT 25:46 **

“These will go off to eternal punishment and the just to eternal life.”
**NAB JOH 15:9 **

“You will live in my love if you keep my commandments, even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and live in his love.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.