CA Family Claims 'Largest' Title

Wow! Seventeen kids.

wltx.com/fyi/fyi.aspx?storyid=33388

http://www.wltx.com/assetpool/images/0512167469_largest_family.gif

I’ve said it before. I’ll say it again. I know a woman who had 17 children with her husband of 50 years. The husband died shortly after their 50 wedding anniversay a few years ago. All 17 of her conceptions lived and they are all alive today. I saw the photo of the adult children. Too bad I can’t share the picture or the parent’s name. I met this woman going to daily Mass.

I’ve got a strong feeling there are quite a few unaccounted large families in the world.

• I might add this mother of 17 is among the most joyful mothers I’ve ever met.

Hold onto your hats…the media hate storm should be starting soon, right?

That is just too cool!

Brenda V.

God bless 'em.

wow and none of them multiple births…which means she was preggo 17 times!

My paternal grandmother had 24 live births (no multiples) and miscarried 9 times. They lived on a farm with no telephone, no electricity, no running water, and no medical services at all. There wasn’t even a real church in the community, just a building. Fr. Suggs would ride through and celebrate mass one Sunday, a Baptist might come the next Sunday, and so on. Early death was so common that they didn’t name the children until they were a year old and she named 15 of them. My extended family is so large that I have first cousins I’ve never met.

There’s a family in Britain with 20-odd living children.

[quote=LSK]Hold onto your hats…the media hate storm should be starting soon, right?
[/quote]

Either that or the UN going to the International Court to have the arrested for having too many children:rolleyes:

PF

I taught in a small community in Wisconsin for many years. Every year I would have a child from a certain family. It turns out that this family had 21 children. I once asked one of the kids to bring in a photo of the whole family. The kids I had were from the “end of the line” and most of the children were married and out of the house. They lived on a farm and were very, very poor. I still can’t imagine how that woman did it. Think of the cooking!!!

[quote=bapcathluth]I taught in a small community in Wisconsin for many years. Every year I would have a child from a certain family. It turns out that this family had 21 children. I once asked one of the kids to bring in a photo of the whole family. The kids I had were from the “end of the line” and most of the children were married and out of the house. They lived on a farm and were very, very poor. I still can’t imagine how that woman did it. Think of the cooking!!!
[/quote]

Practice makes perfect, I guess :smiley: I wish I could get it down with one!!

[quote=mumto5]There’s a family in Britain with 20-odd living children.
[/quote]

actually there are a few families in the US with 20, they just don’t get media attention…

[quote=spacecadet]actually there are a few families in the US with 20, they just don’t get media attention…
[/quote]

24 is more than 20 :wink:

And I’m not British.

[quote=bapcathluth]I taught in a small community in Wisconsin for many years. Every year I would have a child from a certain family. It turns out that this family had 21 children. I once asked one of the kids to bring in a photo of the whole family. The kids I had were from the “end of the line” and most of the children were married and out of the house. They lived on a farm and were very, very poor. I still can’t imagine how that woman did it. Think of the cooking!!!
[/quote]

What is it about Wisconsin and large families? My brother-in-law is from Wisconsin, and comes from a family of 14 kids (it would be 17, but three died in infancy). His parents are one of the most devout Catholics I have seen, and are the kindest people. :smiley:

closed #15

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.