CAF Bible Study- The Book of Wisdom Ch. 7

Please find the link to the USCCB New American Bible Version of Wisdom Chapter 3 below:

Wisdom Chapter 7

Peace and love,

Jessica

I’m not sure I can really add to what this chapter is saying. My thoughts are that this is a beautiful description of why godly wisdom is so much more precious and important than any earthly treasure.

For to men she is an unfailing treasure; those who gain this treasure win the friendship of God, to whom the gifts they have from discipline commend them.

What an encouragement to know that in seeking and gaining wisdom, we are drawing ourselves closer to God. :slight_smile:

A comforting chapter - after all, God provides that all can get wisdom. Another thing, no where does it say that wisdom makes you arrogant, superior or a know it all, instead it lists traits like these:

*sweet, loving that which is good…beneficent…gentle, kind *

22 For in her is the spirit of understanding: holy, one, manifold, subtile, eloquent, active, undefiled, sure, sweet, loving that which is good, quick, which nothing hindereth, beneficent, 23 Gentle, kind, steadfast, assured, secure, having all power, overseeing all things, and containing all spirits, intelligible, pure, subtile. (DR)

so if we have wisdom we should display those traits that are listed…boy do I have a lot of work to do

My apologies for my absence. I have been “in the trenches” of late and on many fronts.

I love the way this passage speaks of Wisdom and reminds me very much of some other passages that tie in.

Psalm 11:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; prudent are all who live by it. Your praise endures forever.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth %between% and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.