CAF Bible Study - The Book of Wisdom Ch-8

CAF Bible Study - The Book of Wisdom

The Book of Wisdom

** Chapter 8**

Verse 9. I purposed therefore to take her to me to live with me: knowing that she will communicate to me of her good things, and will be a comfort in my cares and grief. DR

my favorite verse of this chapter, seems to me that it says in this verse that… if you have wisdom, then you will know how God wants you to handle the cares and grief in this life, so many times, when troubles hit me, I wring my hands, what to do, what to do…instead of stopping and saying Lord, what should I do… or in the very worse times, when I am hit so hard that I can’t think… to cast my cares upon him

Psalm 54:23 Cast thy care upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall not suffer the just to waver for ever.DR

This chapter contains a lot of the nuptial language throughout Scripture as Christ takes His bride the Church. The author of Wisdom says a man must take Wisdom as his bride as an exaltation of the splendor of companionship with God. The two ideas are intertwined. :o

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.