CAF Bible Study - The Book of Wisdom Chapter 5

Please find the link to Wisdom Chapter 5 below:

Wisdom Chapter 5

God Bless!

Jessica

I found this chapter to be comforting when looking at the battle of good vs. evil. It often seems like evil wins in this world, but it is nice to have a reminder that in the end…it won’t.

1 Then shall the just one with great assurance confront his oppressors who set at nought his labors.

IOW…don’t worry. God wins in the end. :wink:

i believe once earth gets too hot and moves on too the next furthest planet and so forth till our universe has no more planets would be the start of the end continuing to the next universe where worship idols would be at high return and later mostly lost by evil. so the departure of god i believe wont meet up with the last universe or mabby so however then god would start the big bang theory again

Wisdom 5:16 Therefore shall they receive the splendid crown, the beauteous diadem, from the hand of the LORD- For he shall shelter them with his right hand, and protect them with his arm.

The LORD acts as a husband might by sheltering and protecting. Rev. 19:7 Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory. For the wedding day of the Lamb has come, his bride has made herself ready.

The unrighteous come to realize the error of their lives on Earth. That is interesting. And all to no avail because the vengeance of God appears to be heaped upon them.

I can understand the urge for vengeance; felt it often enough down here on Earth and am well and truly happy when I can put it aside and enjoy the flowers and the songs of birds.

I always thought that when I get to Heaven I would be happy enough just to tend my garden up there; to be fruitful, fulfilled in ways I could never be down here. And I haven’t been concerned with what might happen to the wicked … as long as they left me alone.

It surprises me to see the lengths to which God will go to punish the wicked.

5:21. And he will sharpen his severe wrath for a spear, and the whole world shall fight with him against the unwise. 5:22. Then shafts of lightning shall go directly from the clouds, as from a bow well bent, they shall be shot out, and shall fly to the mark. 5:23. And thick hail shall be cast upon them from the stone casting wrath: the water of the sea shall rage against them, and the rivers shall run together in a terrible manner. 5:24. A mighty wind shall stand up against them, and as a whirlwind shall divide them: and their iniquity shall bring all the earth to a desert, and wickedness shall overthrow the thrones of the mighty.

edit: and I note a shift in my point of view from earlier chapters. I feel less included in the ranks of the wicked.

At the beginning to me it seems like they repent until verse 13 “were consumed in our wickedness.” which in a way seem comforting… I know people that I think are good people, family … who don’t seem to give any thought to God or serving him or anything, they seem consumed with prestige, money and comfort. But they are good people, be nice if they could see before the end. I just keep praying and know that God loves them more than I do. and that they will see what is important. For what they are after now, doesn’t seem to bring them any peace.

My apologies for not posting in such a long time - illness and family. I find this discussion so interesting.

:hug3:

Thanks Ani Ibi.

Doesn’t help that there are 4 adults in house with only a dial up connection, talk about slow!:rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.