CAF Member Has Died -- Spiritualunity (Heidi)

Just received a phone call from one of Heidi’s daughters informing me that Heidi (also known around CAF by the name of “Spiritualunity”) passed away in the hospital earlier this evening at about 5:00 p.m. Texas time. Her other daughter had been visiting Heidi at her apartment when it became apparent from Heidi’s health that an ambulance needed to be called urgently. A priest came to the hospital to administer the Last Rites; Heidi’s condition by then was unknown as only the priest was allowed to enter the hospital ward at that point, and not any family members. In any case, it was well-known how highly she valued the Sacraments and had every intention of availing herself of them whenever she could.

Having first learned of Heidi here in the Prayer Intentions section of the forum back in June of 2008 and gotten to know her that July, I would say it was a miracle (the mercy of God, many miracles, and many prayers from the Prayer Warriors here) that she was able to survive all that time even from that time until now. Along with suffering severe health conditions, she battled homelessness, poverty, and more … and what’s more, heroically. For a time, she headed a CAF Social Group called “Christian Resignation / Surrender” and would often post inspirational insight, quoting saints as well as speaking from the heart about her own experiences. She would pray for people here, though not always have the ability to post to each thread.

As for me, Heidi was a friend both on the internet as well as off the internet … the kind of friend to remember and celebrate birthdays and Christmas, talk on the phone, send a card, be there to share good times and bad. We got to know each other quite well in real life despite living far away in different states. And while we met on CAF, considered ourselves to be best friends in the true sense of the word, way above and beyond the forums.

Heidi was always interested in prayers for her salvation, and I know would appreciate prayers for the repose of her soul, and for her surviving family members including two daughters and three grandchildren.

Thank you for the kindness of your prayers,

~~ the phoenix

Prayers said for the repose of Heidi’s soul.

Having finished her purgatory on earth, she was anointed by the Lord’s servant to speed her along on her journey to behold the Beatific vision. Praised be God in heaven!

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let Your eternal light shine upon her. May her soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen. Alleluia!

Incline Thine ear, O Lord, unto our prayers,
wherein we humbly pray Thee
to show Thy mercy upon the soul of Thy servant Heidi, whom Thou hast commanded to pass out of this world,
that Thou wouldst place her in the region of peace and light,
and bid her be partaker with Thy Saints.
Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let Your eternal light shine upon her. May her soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen. Alleluia!

Eternal rest grant unto Heidi, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Praying…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

St. Jude, pray for Heidi!

Thank you phoenix for being such a wonderful friend to Heidi. I have followed her posts and your updates from the beginning. She went through so much and I agree with Jim, surely she completed her purgatory on earth. It just gives me “goose bumps” that she was able to receive the Last Rites. Thanks be to God!
And may we all be so fortunate.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
**Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses **
**As we forgive those who trespass against us **
**And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee**
**Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners **
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit
**As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be. Amen

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon her. **
May she rest in peace. Amen.
**http://anwariksono.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/bunda-maria.jpg

Enter into the joy of thy Master good and faithful servant.

the phoenix + God bless you and be with you in this sad time+ and like Indyann stated thank you for being such a good friend to Heidi/spiritualunity.

For One Who Died After a Long Illness

Most faithful God, lively is the courage of those who hope in You. Your servant Heidi/spiritualunity suffered greatly, but placed her trust in Your mercy. Confident that the petition of those who mourn pierces the clouds and finds an answer, we beg You, give rest to Heidi/spiritualunity. Do not remember her sins, but look upon her sufferings and grant her refreshment, light, and peace. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

2heartsnetwork.org/deceased.htm

Eternal rest grant unto Heidi/spiritualunity, O Lord, and let Your eternal light shine upon Heidi/spiritualunity. May Heidi’s/spiritualunity’s soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

St. Joseph, husband to Blessed Virgin Mary and foster father to Jesus, Patron Saint of the dying. Please Pray for Heidi and all those who are mourning her loss. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
And Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now, and at the hour of our death. Amen

Lord Jesus, we commend the soul of Thy servant, Heidi, into Your Loving Arms.
We also pray for comfort for her family and her friends, especially Phoenix, who will miss her so much.

Condolences to her family and friends. May she rest in peace, securely in the arms of the Lord.

At least Heidi is now in a much better place. :angel1:

**Thank you for letting us know phoenix, it must have been hard to write.

Heidi was such a loving, spiritual person, there was much to learn from her. May she be resting in God’s loving arms tonight, free of all her suffering and pain. May her eternity with God be full of the wonder, happiness and joy she had so much trouble finding on earth. She will be in my prayers, and may she rest her head tonight on God’s shoulder.

I will keep you in my prayers too phoenix, you were close, and I know you lost a great friend tonight. May Jesus put his loving arms around you, and may you truly feel the peace and love Heidi has found tonight, and may it give you some comfort.**

Considering the multitudes of her sufferings and challenges, I am happy for Heidi that her difficult journey is now over, and that now she has the joy and freedom of heaven.
I am sorry for your loss of a faithful friendship, the phoenix, but am certain that you have not actually lost that friendship. I’m sure that she will continue her friendship with you to eternity and will intercede for all your needs even as she also will for her daughters and grandchildren. May God comfort you and her family.

Thank You Lord for the grace and witness You dispensed through Heidi.
Please grant her prayers for those whom she loves.

May the Lord bless Heidi and welcome her to His heavenly banquet prepared just for her. I am saddened to hear of her loss, oh Lord, but overjoyed as I think of your child basking in your radiant presence, free from the pain and struggles of this world. May she rest in peace forever with you, our loving and beautiful Savior, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Blessed Mother, Queen of Heaven, please pray for your daughter, Heidi, that she would be granted salvation and eternal joy in heaven with the Church Triumphant and the blessed Trinity. For Heidi’s intention I pray: Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed are Thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of death. Amen!

Phoenix I am sorry for your loss of your wonderful friendship with Heidi.I too have followed Heidi’s posts for some time and know of some of her sufferings and challenges.She was a truly wonderful person who despite suffering much in her life remained faithful and considerate of others throughout.I shall also miss her.
I agree with Trishie that your friendship will go beyond this life and you will still remain friends.
My thoughts are with yourself and Heidi’s children.May God bless you all and comfort you .

Eternal rest grant unto Heidi O Lord
May perpetual light shine upon her
and may she rest in peace
Amen

Lord Heidi was our friend and such a spiritual inspriation to us all.She suffered greatly in this life and we pray she will enjoy eternal life with You without anymore suffering.Please comfort those who mourn her loss including her family, phoeninx and many of us here at CAF.Lord in Your mercy hear our prayer Amen

Praying for you too the phoenix :hug3:

Perhaps our dear friend Heidi is Praying for all of us now. :grouphug::flowers:

For One Who Died After a Long Illness

Most faithful God, lively is the courage of those who hope in You. Your servant Heidi/spiritualunity suffered greatly, but placed her trust in Your mercy. Confident that the petition of those who mourn pierces the clouds and finds an answer, we beg You, give rest to Heidi/spiritualunity. Do not remember her sins, but look upon her sufferings and grant her refreshment, light, and peace. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

2heartsnetwork.org/deceased.htm

Eternal rest grant unto Heidi/spiritualunity, O Lord, and let Your eternal light shine upon Heidi/spiritualunity. May Heidi’s/spiritualunity’s soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

St. Joseph, husband to Blessed Virgin Mary and foster father to Jesus, Patron Saint of the dying. Please Pray for Heidi and all those who are mourning her loss. Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace. Amen.

Lord, please comfort Heidi’s family and friends, and grant them strength and peace. May they find comfort in the thought of one day being reunited with their beloved Heidi. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.