cain and able

What i don’t understand, is if adam andeve only had two sons, and one killedthe other one. how did we get here, if adam and eve didnt have a daugther?

You need to read a little further on in the story… Besides Cain and Abel, Adam and Eve also had Seth (Genesis 4:25) and other sons and daughters (Genesis 5:4)

ok thats for that info todd. the question was raised by some athiest on yahoo…(i should have known that people like him only qoute part of the story) i guess being stumped by him can be put down to my ignorance. i guess.well im offto do some more biblereading cause i think i need it…

[quote=misterX]ok thats for that info todd. the question was raised by some athiest on yahoo…(i should have known that people like him only qoute part of the story) i guess being stumped by him can be put down to my ignorance. i guess.well im offto do some more biblereading cause i think i need it…
[/quote]

Sometimes I get stumped by other people’s ignorance, too. When they say things that sooo don’t make sense, how does one approach it?

Alan

[quote=Todd Easton]You need to read a little further on in the story… Besides Cain and Abel, Adam and Eve also had Seth (Genesis 4:25) and other sons and daughters (Genesis 5:4)
[/quote]

Don’t forget Christ’s lineage at the end of Luke 3

of Cainan, of Arphaxad, of Sem, of Noe, of Lamech, of Methusala, of Enoch, of Jared, of Maleleel, of Cainan, of Enos, of Seth, of Adam, of God.

Christos Anesti! Christ is Risen!
John.

[quote=AlanFromWichita]Sometimes I get stumped by other people’s ignorance, too. When they say things that sooo don’t make sense, how does one approach it?

Alan
[/quote]

With a smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_5_6.gif .

[quote=misterX]What i don’t understand, is if adam andeve only had two sons, and one killedthe other one. how did we get here, if adam and eve didnt have a daugther?
[/quote]

where God is concerned, i don’t think it is that big of a leap!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.