‘Calibration error’ changes GOP votes to Dem in Illinois county

This is interesting - sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

CHICAGO — Early voting in Illinois got off to a rocky start Monday, as votes being cast for Republican candidates were transformed into votes for Democrats.

foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/22/calibration-error-changes-gop-votes-to-dem-in-illinois-county/

breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/22/Ineligible-DACA-Beneficiaries-Discovered-On-NC-Voting-Rolls

With the North Carolina U.S. Senate race in a dead heta, state election officials say they have discovered 145 names on the voting rolls who are ineligible to vote because they are illegal immigrants who have been granted President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals status. (who told them?)

According to a Winston-Salem Journal report, the State Board of Elections discovered the potential illegal voters Tuesday night when the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles ran a search for DACA licenses. The 145 DACA recipients whose names appear on the SBOE’s voting rolls will be sent letters requesting documentation that they are citizens, the report noted.

Usually whenever there’s a “calibration error” in the voting machines the votes go away from the Republican and toward the Democrat.
But there’s probably a token exception to the rule that I’m sure a Democrat will call to our attention.

Chicago Republican Shocked After Voting Booth Changes His GOP Votes To Democrats

Read more: hngn.com/articles/46781/20141022/chicago-republican-shocked-voting-booth-changes-gop-votes-democrats.htm#ixzz3GyiCyXxR

I am shocked, shocked … that such a thing could ever happen! And right there in Cooked County … the home of the community that our President himself organized!

It’s like … I mean … now … what can you believe? :rolleyes:

On Monday, Jim Moynihan was at the Schaumburg Public Library to cast his vote for the 2014 midterm elections in Chicago when the incident occurred.

“I tried to cast a vote for myself and instead it cast the vote for my opponent,” Moynihan said. “You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat.”
As Moynihan continued to select several Republican candidates on the ballot, the touch screen voting machine repeatedly switched his choices to register votes for the opponent Democrat in each race instead.

It was only after he pointed out the glaring mistake to the election judge and demonstrated the machine’s obvious glitch that he was eventually able to properly vote for his candidate’s party, including his own race, Fox News reported.

Read more: hngn.com/articles/46781/20141022/chicago-republican-shocked-voting-booth-changes-gop-votes-democrats.htm#ixzz3Gyj69Nj3

And

illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2014/10/cook-county-voting-machine-miscasts-candidates-vote.html

SCHAUMBURG, IL – Admitting his confidence in Cook County ballot integrity is shaken, State Representative Candidate Jim Moynihan (R-56), was shocked today when he tried to cast a vote for himself and the voting machine cast it for his opponent instead.

“While early voting at the Schaumburg Public Library today, I tried to cast a vote for myself and instead it cast the vote for my opponent,” said Moynihan. “You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat.

:whistle: - I think the same people have programmed the spellcheck on my phone.:mad:

Of all the places for such a glitch to occur… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m shocked that he’s shocked, given where this took place.

I wonder if the same people who designed the healthcare.gov website were in charge of these machines…both having glitches…

Thank goodness we do it the old fashioned way where I live…its called a pencil and voting ballot

I wish that would happen in all voting booths all around the country–magic booths!

:wink: When you Wish Upon A Star…:smiley:

Also being discussed here:
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=916725

This sort of “glitch” is probably how we ended up with Obama as President.

Nothing new. As I recall the Chicago rule was is: “Let them vote as they wish. Just as long as we get to count the votes.”

I work in this exact part of Chicagoland and my sister lives there also. This area is hardly a hot bed of Democratic support, if anything it’s pretty balanced between both parties in general. Overall it’s a nice, mainly white middle class suburb with a large number of working professionals. See it like you want to, but it seems the system worked as it should in this case.

Seriously?

Imagine that,voting fraud in Illinois of all places…note sarcasm:cool:

AND … another “anomaly” with similar results …

youtube.com/watch?v=YtbqebpV9vY < Watch Republican votes turn magically into Democratic ones in a Moline Library voting booth!

Stealing elections is like stealing the country. The severest penalties should be pursued.

If someone really wanted to tamper with voting machines to steal votes, wouldn’t it make more sense to program them so the correct vote is shown on the screen but the incorrect vote is actually registered? The “perpetrator” would have to know that a calibration error that shows the incorrect vote is going to be discovered pretty quickly.

If someone really wanted to tamper with voting machines to steal votes, < In my opinion some DO …

wouldn’t it make more sense to program them so the correct vote is shown on the screen but the incorrect vote is actually registered? <Yes it would. But I suspect that that is being done in some places.

The “perpetrator” would have to know that a calibration error that shows the incorrect vote is going to be discovered pretty quickly. < In stealing votes some perps could be as incompobamatant as they are obamanable. :shrug: I’d also be against vote stealing if it were done by larcenous Reprobatelicans. :sad_yes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.