Calif. woman evades home intruder by hiding on roof

LOS ANGELES, Calif. - A California woman escaped from a home intruder by climbing out of her second-story window and cowering on her roof, reports CBS Los Angeles.

Christian Hicks, a 29-year-old man who police describe as being mentally ill, allegedly broke into the Los Angeles home of Melora Rivera Wednesday morning.

“He managed to break one of these panels and reach in to unlock the door,” Rivera told the station. “Once I saw him in the house, I knew that we both couldn’t be there. I knew that I didn’t want to have a confrontation with him of any sort, you know, not knowing what his intention was.”

Rivera, who says she was in bed at the time of the intrusion, managed to grab her phone, call 911 and climb out onto her roof.

cbsnews.com/news/california-woman-evades-home-intruder-by-hiding-on-roof/

There is a photo of the incident on the webpage. It looks frightening.

That’s terrifying! He wasn’t there just to rob her, he wanted to harm her.

[quote=gilliam;12364711
]
Yes, the headline doesn’t make clear that he pursued her onto the roof and was searching for her there. The photo, however, shows that she is trying to hide from him.
[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.