California campaign to secede gains momentum

Los Angeles (AFP) - A campaign for California to secede from the rest of the country over Donald Trump’s election is gaining momentum, with supporters allowed to start collecting signatures for the measure to be put to a vote.
California’s Secretary of State Alex Padilla gave the green light on Thursday for proponents of “California Nationhood” – also known as Calexit – to start collecting the nearly 600,000 signatures needed for the measure to qualify on the November 2018 ballot.

yahoo.com/news/california-campaign-secede-gains-momentum-030236908.html

I’m curious, if the People’s Democratic Republic of Kalifornia secedes, will they have to form their own military, air traffic control, customs agency, CBI (U.S. FBI) and a host of others.:confused:

Am looking forward to the day when there will be two fewer left leaning liberal U.S. senators and a whole host of others. And what about the professional sports teams? How can the 49’ers, Rams, Chargers, Raiders (although I think they are headed for Vegas) and the Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, Kings, be part of the National (as in U.S.) Leagues. Gonna be interesting.

(I know, the same way the Canadiens, Jets, Maple Leafs, Senators, Flames, and Canucks are part of the National Hockey League.):shrug:

Why are you bothering to start a thread on this? There was one started yesterday. Not to mention - do you even know what has to happen for California to secede? It’s not even up to California.

The California Secretary of State letting this guy go to start collecting signatures is like a parent letting their kid build a cardboard rocket in the backyard so they can go to the moon.

I can honestly say I won’t be sad if they do…

Will the last American leaving California please remember the flag!

Time for a march through California!

I am going to steal this quote, its great.

It’s yours my friend!

Bunch of pansies.

I’ll never sucede.

They can wall off San Francisco but here in the Central Valley were not going anywhere.

Sounds like a bunch of quilters if you ask.

There used to be an old joke: Once they secede, they can apply for Foreign Aid!

LOL!

Dang hippies.

Not going to happen. Didn’t someone post a pictures of red-blue areas of the US which showed 99.5% red? Numbers don’t count anymore.

If anything, they should split into two or three states and be better represented in the Senate.

I was going to vote to secede, but after reading all of the “good riddance” relies here, I’ve decided to stay to spite you all :dts:

They’ll be forming partnerships with the USA, I’m sure.

I’m just pleased to see this moving forward.

Anything I can do to get you to change your mind back :smiley:

I voted for Trump. :wink:

:whistle:

It’s okay Christofirst you always blame it on me being from Fresno. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s never going to happen.

I’m not a Trump fan, but I can’t help but notice that when Obama was elected, people complained and Obama supporters told them to deal with it. Now that Trump is elected, those same people who complained about Obama detractors want to SECEDE! Talk about a knee-jerk reaction (and hypocrisy).

I must admit, all humour aside, the cavalier responses from posters here to this news has somewhat surprised me.

I am mighty glad that the English never showed such wanton disregard for us Scots when independence from the UK was put to a referendum in 2014.

One would think, given the fact that their forebears perished or were at least caught up in a fractricidal civil war over the issue of secession from the Union, that folks would frankly be more concerned about the prospect (not that it will seriously go ahead, I’m just saying in theory).

Well I’m offended by it all I think it’s traitorous.

But I find a lot of American behaviour to be traitorous to truth.

I wont go into all that here.

I would not take to a sucession lightly I’m a staunch conservative.

tl;dr

I am told many northern Californians wish the south would secede, so they could start selling them water instead of standing idle while it is stolen.

:twocents:
tee

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.