California governor vetoes proposal honoring homosexual rights hero (CNA)

Sacramento, Oct 4, 2008 / 04:23 pm (CNA).- California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger last Tuesday vetoed a bill that would have instated a statewide ?Harvey Milk Day? in honor of the homosexual rights hero and encouraged public schools to observe the day by conducting ?exercises remembering and recognizing? his life.http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/catholicnewsagency/dailynews/~4/411398898

Full article…

The Gov is correct on this one. The guy who proposed this nonsense is gay. Funny the state can grant nonsense like this but Bush is being sued for having a national prayer day.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=273821

The hypocricy is unreal, yet typical of the left.

So glad theres NO hypocrsiy on the right. :rolleyes:

And for this to be real hypocrisy and not crazy generaliztion, the gay guy who brought this day forward would have to also be the same person to sue Bush for NPD - just so you know :wink:

Thinks4Himself;

So glad theres NO hypocrsiy on the right. :rolleyes:

Nowhere near as blatant as on the left.

And for this to be real hypocrisy and not crazy generalization, the gay guy who brought this day forward would have to also be the same person to sue Bush for NPD - just so you know :wink:

Oh we got a “free thinker” here! The gay guy is a leftist. This group who sued, Freedom From Religion Foundation, is a leftist organization. It is hypocrisy of the left, not a generalization. It applies to their ideology, not by person.

Thank heavens. This was quite possibly the most politically correct holiday of them all. Harvey Milk was a homosexual city councilman. He was killed with Mayor Moscone by a nutball named Dan White. There was a ton of political upheaval in the city at the time (your political leanings could be discerned by which side of Twin Peaks you were on) Everybody on the council was picking sides–conservative-liberal.

Had Feinstein, Willie Brown or Dan (I think that was his first name, but I can’t really remember–anyway, Nancy’s brother-in-law) Pelosi been with the mayor when White came in, it would have been a gender/race/ethnicity killing instead of a gay issue.

Harvey Milk was a city politician who had to his credit poop-scooping and anti-gay discrimination legislation. Two peices, that’s it, that’s all. The zealots who proposed this legislation are disgusting. Many people have stood and faced danger and been cut down for their beliefs. This guy happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time (with the mayor in city hall)

The zealots wanted his life accomplishments celebrated…unless a dog poop scoop demonstration was in the offing, then K-12 was going to be assailed with a homosexual agenda-driven celebration.

I haven’t any problem with homosexuals celebrating Harvey Milk at home, I just don’t want my kids exposed to it at home.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.