California's students will soon learn more LGBT history in schools

California’s students will soon be learning more about LGBT people and their struggles after state education officials voted to include contributions from the community in history and social science instruction.

The California State Board of Education on Thursday voted unanimously on a new History-Social Science Framework that includes “a study of the role of contributions” of minority groups, including “lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Americans.”

LGBT content will be included in some elementary, middle and high school grades. In fourth grade, for example, students would learn about “the emergence of the nation’s first gay rights organizations in the 1950s,” the framework states, as well as struggles in California from the 1970s to the present day to affirm the right of gay people to teach and to get married.

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-lgbt-curriculum-california-20160714-snap-story.html

It is the poor, who have no recourse to other educational options, that will suffer the most.

Yes… We ALL remember when Black history was “forced” on the schools.

I predict a large exodus from publuc schools towards homeschooling or faith based schools that teach normalcy meaning man and woman only.

I wish that would happen.

What tragic news. :frowning:

Better LGBT history than silly, trivial subjects that have no practical application, like Math or Physics or Chemistry…

This is another in the long list of reasona my wife and I have decided that our kids will not be attending public schools…

I had a feeling several years ago that we shouldn’t go to the public system. It’s either Catholic or home-school. My next concern is either the shut-down of home-schools, or the control of Catholic schools. In which case, we’ll be living at Church and getting as much catechesis as possible. :wink:

Yes indeed. Wait till they start shoving the LGBT agenda down our childrens’ throats in grade school. We’ll induce gender confusion where none exists.

Best decision of your life regarding your kids. I have 4, and have (almost) never regretted sending them to Catholic schools.

Since LGBT “history” is of rather recent vintage, I suspect that a great deal of it will have to be fabricated.

I guess you would have benefited from this curriculum.:wink:

The way I see it, if what you teach your kids can’t stand up to factual information about a large, very relevant social movement, then perhaps you should reconsider what you’re teaching them.

I’m always suspicious of people who don’t want knowledge to touch them or their families. That hinders critical thinking, among other issues. Even in grade school, I want my kids to learn about different religions, but I never want them evangelized and I wouldn’t allow the latter.

How do you defend the revisionist history our kids have had shoved down heir throats for the past forty years?
Knowledge of actual facts is one thing,but fairy tales is an all together different story.

California’s students will soon learn more LGBT history in schools??

Good!

Then maybe they will learn what the gay movement was saying about that out-dated, prudish institution called marriage back in the 70’s when the nuclear family started to disintegrate.

They didn’t think much of life-long fidelity and monogamy either.

#hypocrisy

You think they’ll teach them how rampant promiscuity led to the deaths of 10s of thousands of homosexuals ?

:dts:

Or that AIDS patient zero was a promiscuous homosexual man who worked as a flight attendant?

I wonder if they’ll show the kids the original Cage Aux Folles to reveal what is in store for them if they associate with homosexuals?

Or mention that male homosexuality is the leading cause of death from sexually transmitted diseases?

Don’t let school get in the way of their education. Nurture and cultivate their innate curiousity to motivate them to seek out information themselves and seek out other perspectives. Help them experience the joy of learning something new. Then their knowledge won’t be limited to filtered and selective perspectives.

Agreed, but it’s the inevitable consequence of government-led education: they get to call the shots. The current Indian government has conveniently “deleted” certain important historical figures (including our first Prime Minister :() from some of their “official” school textbooks, because they don’t see eye-to-eye. It’s still not as bad as LGBT history, though. What will they have to do, write essays on the Stonewall Riots? :rolleyes:

And especially biology, an outdated subject which is repugnant to the truths of the LGBT movement, especially the “T” part of it. :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.