Calld the Nuns in Booklyn again

Guess what everyone! I called the nuns in Brooklyn,N.Y. again. I was so excited about what Mother Maria told me. When I told her I became Catholic she was so excited. She said she could hardly wait to tell the other sisters. I asked her do nuns really become Christ Brides.And she said YES. I said now that i'm catholic, how long will it take for me to join the convent? She told me it could be as soon as next year. I want to thank you all for your prayers and support. May God Bless You All.

Congrats!

congrats!

Find Out about the canon law for when you can 'join a convent". I thought two years, not one. Someone in your diocese–a canonist?–should be able to tell you.

That's awesome, congratulations! :)

I also thought it was 2 years for converts or reverts... I am a convert myself and I am discerning, and I'm pretty sure that was what I read. But it might depend on the congregation too.

Hi Brandee, I’m really glad you phoned your Carmelite Sisters again and told them the good news. :smiley:

Congratulations!!! :thumbsup:

God bless,
goforgoal

[quote="goforgoal, post:5, topic:193972"]
Hi Brandee, I'm really glad you phoned your Carmelite Sisters again and told them the good news. :D

Congratulations!!! :thumbsup:

God bless,
goforgoal

[/quote]

Thank you so much! I was really happy talking to them.

Hi Brandee..

Very glad to hear this great news.. enjoy your life as Catholic.. :)

Aidan

Every time I read one of your posts, something in my heart just jumps for joy!
You are in my prayers.

Way to go Brandee! :extrahappy:

Congratulations! :dancing:

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.