Called to life of Service?

I’ve always felt called to a life of service and I thought marriage was part of that. I know that a religious vocation isn’t what I’m meant to do either. So how can I serve? In the past I’ve done a lot of volunteer work but nothing continuous. I guess I’m looking for something more substancial or constructive in the community. As I come close to the end of my years as a possble mother I realize maybe it just wasn’t meant to be. I’m willing to let that go but I just have no idea what GOD wants me to do anymore. So if it’s not the religious life or marriage what am I supposed to do? I’m not looking for pity just ideas. :shrug:

God has somthing special planned for you. Give Him the opportunity to tell you.

1. Spend time in adoration with Our Lord and try to listen to that *still, small voice. *

2. Surrender totally to His will. You may be surprised where that leads you.

3. Pray, pray, pray. As St Paul said, pray always. We need to have a dialogue with God to understand his will.

I don’t know how much time you have to give but consider involvement in various ministries in your parish. You may find that calling there. You must also have diocessean apostolates or ministries that you could be a part of.

One does not have to be in a religious order to spend their life serving others.

God bless you on your search…

Thank you for your imput. It does give me a few more ideas. As for praying well I’ve done a lot of that and nothing seems to be opening up. I will just have to wait and see what GOD wants me to do. At this point I have obligations on my time so he’s going to have to help me out on that end before I can really do anything. :shrug:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.