Called to Scripture verses/Random

Sometimes when I need strength, or answers, I"ll pray before randomly opening the Bible. I often will find scripture that comforts or answers me. I love that! I recently had a new experience; a Book and Verse number came into my mind, and I looked it up immediately. I hadn't prayed to ask for guidance or comfort, but it was shortly before my normal prayer time before sleeping. I wasn't having a great day or week at the time, though.

It was very comforting and just what I needed, and another thing that was awesome was that my Bible had referencing Scriptures included, so it took me to John and another Book, which was even more helpful and filled me with more Joy!

Btw, it was Romans 8:16** The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, **
And I read before and after, which included: 17:and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

This is new to me, in the sense that throughout all my years, whether fallen away or returning to the Faith, I've never been particularly drawn to read the Bible :( or pray the Rosary, or many other things. He has given me the thirst and hunger for them recently and I'm thankful for that.

Praise God!
Christina

It sounds like you have had a difficult journey so far. May Christ help us all.

All praise to the Most Holy Spirit for leading you into a deeper relationship with Father, Son and Holy Spirit!. If you have a catechism, have a quick glance at the sections on the Holy Spirit. Powerful. Amazing.

[quote="sowinskija, post:2, topic:325309"]
It sounds like you have had a difficult journey so far. May Christ help us all.

[/quote]

Thanks, but although my journey hasn't been easy, I don't think of it difficult, other than those I created myself; it would be much more difficult without the freedoms I'm afforded from living in the US. I don't have to worry about being killed or shot if I speak up, speak out, or share my Faith. I have the full support of my family (husband, parents, siblings, cousins, etc).

[quote="po18guy, post:3, topic:325309"]
All praise to the Most Holy Spirit for leading you into a deeper relationship with Father, Son and Holy Spirit!. If you have a catechism, have a quick glance at the sections on the Holy Spirit. Powerful. Amazing.

[/quote]

We are having Catechism for adults here in our diocese, and we touched on the Holy Spirit. Having my own personal experiences with the Spirit, I know some of the ways He touches us, and I love that one...finding the Scripture you need when you need it. I love His symbols of Fire, Water, Wind, among others. It's even better when you can literally feel Him moving in you!

Christina

[quote="ccmcmg, post:4, topic:325309"]
Thanks, but although my journey hasn't been easy, I don't think of it difficult, other than those I created myself; it would be much more difficult without the freedoms I'm afforded from living in the US. I don't have to worry about being killed or shot if I speak up, speak out, or share my Faith. I have the full support of my family (husband, parents, siblings, cousins, etc).

We are having Catechism for adults here in our diocese, and we touched on the Holy Spirit. Having my own personal experiences with the Spirit, I know some of the ways He touches us, and I love that one...finding the Scripture you need when you need it. I love His symbols of Fire, Water, Wind, among others. It's even better when you can literally feel Him moving in you!

Christina

[/quote]

If they ever present a "Life in the Spirit" seminar in your diocese, I would most highly recommend it. It brought my faith alive and I became much more aware of the Spirit's presence from day to day.

[quote="po18guy, post:5, topic:325309"]
If they ever present a "Life in the Spirit" seminar in your diocese, I would most highly recommend it. It brought my faith alive and I became much more aware of the Spirit's presence from day to day.

[/quote]

Thanks. I'll look into it, and add a 'google alert' for it. :)

Christina

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.