Calling all Knights of Columbus and WWII Vets!

My dear friend’s father, nearing 90 in vibrancy and good health, took a terrible fall last spring and has been failing ever since. As obvious from the title of this message, Mike is an active Knight and a decorated veteran of WWII. He is suffering terribly, but fighting valiently for life and remaining alert between episodes of cardiac issues and amputations as a result of diabetes. I have looked to him for inspiration since the death of my own father, some 25+ years ago. He lives in Sand Point, Michigan, up on the “thumb” near Caseville, and is hospitalized in Saginaw.

Please, please, pray for him and his family – daughters Nora and Mary Kary, sons Michael and Matt, and beloved grandchildren. May they all be strengthened and consoled, and may our Blessed Mother intercede on their behalf.

I’m not a Knight or a VET. I will be praying for him and his family.

i am nothing, but i will pray for him and his kin.

Chyna :signofcross:

I too am nothing. Will keep him in prayer and that his family and friends, through the intercession of Our Lady, will be strengthened and consoled…

You are each something very special. Thank you.

Lord of the Powers be with us, for in times of distress we have no other help but You.
Lord of the Powers, have mercy on us.

My dad is 82 years young as he would say. A WWII Vet active in MOPH. I know for him too, it is very hard to see his buddies pass. We are loosing a lot of them everyday. Such history, such honor, such dedication because they loved.

:crossrc:

Praying for these intentions…

Thank you for your prayers. After difficult months, Mike was able to return Tuesday from the hospital to his home on Lake Huron and died last night. Please pray for a joyful reunion in heaven for the soul of this good and faithful man, and consolation here on earth for his family and friends.

J†M†J
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Please say the following prayer right now to release 1,000 souls from purgatory (Approval and Recommendation signed by M. Cardinal Pahiarca, Lisbon, Portugal March 4, 1936.): Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy Souls in Purgatory. Amen

Click these icons/links to donate food to the hungry. It’s free.
thehungersite.com/clickToGive/images/button_clickToGive_ths.gif
hungerfighters.com/images/HF_Half2.gif
greatergood.com/images/linktous/468x60_ths-visitor-anim-fight.gif
Click this link: children.care2.com/front.html?p=&iID=

In prayer as you have asked…

I’m so sorry for the family! They all in my prayers!

Eternal rest grant unto Mike O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him, may he rest in peace. Amen. Praying for the repose of Mike’s soul and for the comfort and healing of his loved ones.:signofcross:

My dh is a Knight and I shall ask him to remember this family and his brother Knight in prayer. I will be praying also.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.