Calling JK Rowling experts

In Catholic film critic Steven Greydanus’ recent radio interview about Harry Potter, he said the following:*I think that there are edifying messages in this film (Harry Potter: DH2). I think that it’s worth noting that Harry wins finally through a kind of self-sacrifice. You look for Christological imagery and symbols, they’re so evident, and they’re so deliberate on Rowling’s part that Rowling’s actually said that not only is she a Christian and believes in God, but she … didn’t like to talk about her faith too much while she was still writing the books because she didn’t want people to guess the ending.*Anyone know where I can find such a quote from Rowling?

I’m not an expert, by any means. But I believe she has a website. Maybe you could look there?

Found the reference. At MTV.com. Excerpt:*That was the plan from the start, Rowling told reporters during a press conference at the beginning of her Open Book Tour on Monday. It wasn’t because she was afraid of inserting religion into a children’s story. Rather, she was afraid that introducing religion (specifically Christianity) would give too much away to fans who might then see the parallels.

“To me [the religious parallels have] always been obvious,” she said. “But I never wanted to talk too openly about it because I thought it might show people who just wanted the story where we were going.”*

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.