Callings

Hi,

I'm new around here, but I thought I'd share this:

my little brother wants to become a priest! He told me today, and showed me a paper he'd written for school; for a eleven-year-old, it's very passionate. He talks all about bringing Jesus to people, and helping them in their struggles, and giving them peace.

He and I have a bit of an uncommon relationship; I've been his legal guardian for a few years now (our parents died in an accident). I've wanted to join Seminary myself, but my brother needs me now so for now my calling is to love and raise him. I don't know, maybe this is just a phase that he'll grow out of, but for some reason I doubt it.

I'll try to help him discern, but wouldn't it be just the best joke if we were ordained together?

God bless you and your brother. I pray the Lord will help both of you answer the call to the priesthood (if it is God's will of course). It would be a beautiful thing to see two brothers ordained at the same time. :D

:D God bless you and your younger brother!

osv.com/tabid/7621/itemid/5485/Popular-priest-has-reluctant-jubilee.aspx

Fr. Groeschel on his call:

"I knew I was going to be a priest when I was 7 years old," Father Groeschel said. "I know the day and the hour" of the call. "I didn't want to be a priest. I wanted to be a fireman. I was praying in church and I was told, 'You are going to be a priest.'"

A photo of Fr. G,

google.com/search?q=fr.+groeschel+photo&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7

Praying for you and your brother with Bible verses from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Mid-morning reading (Terce) 2 Corinthians 13:11 ©
Brethren, be joyful. Try to grow perfect; help one another. Be united; live in peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you.

Noon reading (Sext) Romans 6:22 ©
Now you have been set free from sin, you have been made slaves of God, and you get a reward leading to your sanctification and ending in eternal life.

Thank you all for your prayers.

My brother is a great kid; he'd make a good priest. In any case, I have something I can use to keep him focused on school work now, don't I? Admittedly, he's not a straight-A student (high C's and B's is what he gets a lot of) but that's okay, because that's the best he can do; he was worried though that all priests had to practically have a 3.9 grade-point average ;)

We've prayed together every night since I took him in; I guess we're kind of spiritually connected.

It is good to see that siblings are going to be priests ( in God's time ).
May Jesus bless both of you always, like Sts. Benedict and Scholastica .... except that youre both boys . Smiles

If you know about the eloi, you either know your literature or your film or both.

I suggest that you help your brother with his homework as a tutor, to improve his grades and his academic ability. My impression is that there is a lot of scholastic preparation for the priesthood.

The best of everything to both of you.

if it really in his hearty to become it he will just like if it in yours some how youll become it

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.