Calmet's Bible Dictionary

I just want to let those on here know that I am working on getting Calmet's Bible Dictionary on the Aquinas Study Bible in a digital format. This will take a while but will be a great addition and quite useful! It is a revised corrected and condensed version.

Sounds good. What’s the difference between a Bible dictionary and a Catholic dictionary?

I imagine the distinction would be that a Bible dictionary is defining important words from the Bible while a Catholic dictionary would define words that are concerning our Faith that might not be in the Bible, words such as Sacraments, Creeds, etc. And a Catholic dictionary may not define every person in the Bible like a Bible dictionary does.

Here is a sample of what it is going to look like, as you see I have lots more to do! sites.google.com/site/aquinasstudybible/home/calmet-s-bible-dictionary/a

I really like it. Thanks.

[quote="COPLAND_3, post:1, topic:312142"]
I just want to let those on here know that I am working on getting Calmet's Bible Dictionary on the Aquinas Study Bible in a digital format. This will take a while but will be a great addition and quite useful! It is a revised corrected and condensed version.

[/quote]

Sweet! Thank you! :thumbsup:

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.