Camera work in TV show "Lost"

I am watching the first season of Lost for the first time, and all I can say about this----and other JJ Abrams work I know----is GIVE THE CAMERAMAN A TRI-POD.

It’s dizzying. This is the most frequent tool they use to try to create action and chaos.

:hypno:

I have an even better idea. Live life instead of watching TV. Turn the TV off.

keep watching LOST, you won't regret it.

[quote="Samuel63, post:2, topic:249877"]
I have an even better idea. Live life instead of watching TV. Turn the TV off.

[/quote]

Uh...whoa. Judgment.

[quote="MarcoPolo, post:1, topic:249877"]
I am watching the first season of Lost for the first time, and all I can say about this----and other JJ Abrams work I know----is GIVE THE CAMERAMAN A TRI-POD.

It's dizzying. This is the most frequent tool they use to try to create action and chaos.

:hypno:

[/quote]

I think that was done on purpose, to show how chaotic the first initial time on the island was suppose to be.

I got rid of cable like 7 years ago and hardly watch TV. This is a DVD lent to me. But thanks for the advice. Once in a while I like to watch stuff that stimulates ideas, though.

To others, it is an interesting show. Probably the best thing of what little I’ve seen in recent years. Still no X-Files, though, although I’ve heard many people say X-Files fans would like this show. Unlike X-Files, this show is fairly split between mystery and relationships. X-Files was much heavier on mystery and relationships on the side. But I’m only like 20 episodes in to Lost, so who knows. :o

Oh, you’re in for a treat then, if you’re still at that point in the series. I still miss that show to be honest. JJ Abrams has a new show this season on CBS with Jim Cavaziel and another actor from “Lost” (one that you haven’t met yet but was outstanding) that I am hoping will be my new favorite show this fall.

Just wanted to add: “Fringe” might be another series you might be interested in. Also JJ Abrams.

LOST is the bomb, which is to say that it’s awesome. It gets better in later seasons.

As for TV, we would be better spouses, parents, friends, and souls with much less of it. LOST is one of the only non-sports non-editorial (news) shows I watch. Looking forward to watching it again.

I personally enjoyed Lost much more than The X-Files (even though I've only made it to about half-way through Season 6 of the latter). One thing I really like is the interconnection of all the stories in Lost. The X-Files includes an incredibly high number of episodes that are disconnected from the main storyline (as Wikipedia refers to them, "Monster of the Week" episodes). In Lost, though, every episode, and every flashback, is connected (or at least, is supposed to be--some might debate how much that succeeded). I also think Lost is heavier on relationships, maybe because it has many more relationships, due to its vast number of characters. Lost is definitely an amazing show, though!

A podcast I heard talked about a number of actors that appeared on both shows. I know I recognize Locke from a couple X-Files episodes and the 1998 movie, but he had a moustache in all those. :o

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.