Camp Hell

I must confess....I am a demon/zombie/vampire/werewolf/witch movie lover....so I took a chance on "Camp Hell"....I was very surprised of it's deeply Catholic content....it says it was based on a real story....so I'm assuming it was based on a "real community" of very conservative Catholics.....has anyone else seen it...or heard of it...it's now renting at Blockbuster.

Well, yes, my friend talked to me about this movie he saw that said "masturbation lets the devil inside you" and I thought he was just messing with me, because everyone knows I deeply religious, until I asked him what the name was and he said "Camp Hell"

And I saw the trailer, but the camp looks like a mix of Catholic and Evangelical Born Again Christian. Maybe they're Charismatic Catholics?

The innocent children at a religious summer camp are faced with a powerful force of evil. It was supposed to be a summer of love, faith, and learning. We have faith them we get what we are struggling for, and for Infrared Outdoor Camera or Home Security DVR, i have the faith that you will like them as i do,so kindly follow up.

spam

To be honest, it’s not.

Thank you friend…I figured no one wanted to discuss or answer question…so the easiest way to stop discussion is to call it “spam”.

It wasn’t important…but I was curious.

[quote="followingtheway, post:2, topic:259733"]

And I saw the trailer, but the camp looks like a mix of Catholic and Evangelical Born Again Christian. Maybe they're Charismatic Catholics?

[/quote]

I haven't seen the film, but some of the reviews I read indicated that the families of the kids belong to a covenant community. I think such communities tend to be charismatic and socially conservative. I've read that such communities also risk becoming cult-like due to insularity and demands to submit to the leadership.

As for the film, I think I will skip it. Reviews have been uniformly negative.

I am just after watching a so called horror movie called Camp Hell.

“At the end of every summer, the children of a Christian community from a suburb of New Jersey attend Camp Hope. They travel deep into the woods far from any distractions the world provides. Here, the children are taught the ways of the Lord, the perils of the flesh, and the horror of the Devil. A charismatic priest leads them in their training. But, he unknowingly has brought something with him, something evil. What was supposed to be a safe place, a spiritual retreat has now turned into a nightmare that not even faith can end.”

So anyway as you can tell it is based in a Catholic camp however you soon see that it’s quite similar to the like’s of a fundamentalist Christian camp you would see around the world that do more harm than good to Christianity and it’s teaching’s. The director of this movie used his own experience in such a camp as a child as the groundwork for it so you can already see his agenda. What is disgusting throughout this movie is the continuous ignorance toward’s TRUE Catholic teaching and it tries to portray all Catholic teaching on purgatory, hell, lust etc with the whole fire and brimstone fear-mongering stuff you hear fundamentalists come out with. Such as you must abide by this teaching or you will suffer and be tormented for all eternity. What annoy’s me so much though is that it seem’s such Catholic camp’s and communities that are similar to fundamentalist’s in almost every-way are increasing especially in place’s such as the US. The whole self-righteous nonsense where one who is in a state of sin is made to feel ashamed and hopeless is very dangerous.

Of course we can’t go too much the other direction which also seem’s to be a problem where the whole softy soft approach to secularism which is tearing moral’s and value’s apart is practiced. We just need to stop mimicking other faith’s and groups in the way they do thing’s. Why are so many Catholic’s group’s mimicking Protestant event’s where people put their hand’s in the air and even trying to speak in tongue’s or to try and create that “Buzz” feeling, it’s simply superficial. To me it take’s away from the artistic-ness, the intelligence, the sophistication etc of Catholicism.

Anyway this movie annoyed me in two way’s, one in which your average person who has only basic knowledge on Catholicism will be put off due to the incorrect twisting of True Catholic teaching and secondly because i know such camp’s and communities in Catholicism are increasing. It seem’s there are two problem’s in Catholicism today. First the whole softy soft approach to secularism as i mentioned above which mean’s few Catholic’s know teaching’s on thing’s like Sex, nature of men and women, sacrament’s, mortal and venial sin’s etc. It’s simply go to Church on Saturday or Sunday and then succumb to secular value’s the rest of the week. The second problem is where we go to the other extreme and become like the fundamentalist’s whose preaching seem’s to be based on their own self righteousness, bitterness and spitefulness etc and lacking consistency with reality and logic

It was released in 2010. Never heard of it, so it clearly was not a blockbuster! It got 3.7 stars out of 10 on IMDB. Read some reviews on Rotten Tomatoes…failure of a movie.

sounds like the poster is trying to make a point rather than discuss a film. seeing as few will have seen it there is little that can be discussed.

The budget was only $3 million so it might have turned a profit. From the dates listed, it seems to have been released straight to DVD.

I saddened that Dana Delany has fallen to this quality of film, though.

Speaking of horror movies. I watched the fright night remake last night. It was a good movie. And you could have knocked me over with a feather when religous symbols hd a negative effect on the vampires. And yes, they are not keen on daylight either.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.