Campbell Soup may become first major company to list GMO ingredients nationwide

The Campbell Soup Company may become the first major U.S. food company to list genetically modified organisms, or GMOs, in its ingredients lists nationwide as it threw its weight behind a national labeling standard.

The company announced its support on Thursday for federal regulation of GMO standards, noting it is in favor of federal legislation that would allow the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the U.S. Department of Agriculture to regulate which foods can be labeled GMOs.

“Campbell believes it is necessary for the federal government to provide a national standard for labeling requirements to better inform consumers about this issue,” the company said in a statement.

The company also said its own reviews have found GMO food from crops to be safe and that it is "not nutritionally different from other foods."abcn.ws/1RrtOCC

That’s nice, but until they stop using same-sex couples in their ads, they won’t get a dime from my soup purchases.

I still won’t buy their products. They still use HFCS in spaghettios. Luckily, I found a product free of that ingredient that is just like spaghettios. And they don’t use SS couples to promote their products! (that star wars soup commercial was definitely a bad idea.)

Why would you say that they don’t?
Simply Google “campbell’s ad” and see for yourself. Whether or not it was a bad idea, the idea was clearly there!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.