Camping-Rapture Prediction 'A Mistake'

news.yahoo.com/harold-camping-admits-rapture-prediction-mistake-191939502--abc-news.html

"We humbly acknowledge we were wrong about the timing," his statement reads. "We tremble before God as we humbly ask Him for forgiveness for making that sinful statement."

And, the statement reads, Family Radio will not announce a new prediction for the end of the world.

*And this part of the statement really made me......:*rotfl::rotfl::banghead:

"We also openly acknowledge that we have no new evidence pointing to another date for the end of the world. Though many dates are circulating, Family Radio has no interest in even considering another date. God has humbled us through the events of May 21, to continue to even more fervently search the Scriptures (the Bible), not to find dates, but to be more faithful in our understanding."

God didn’t humiliate them at all… they humiliated themselves.

Here's one thing, they admitted they were wrong! That takes a lot of humility, and God can do a lot with humility :P. They definitely received some cool points from me in doing that.

Completely agree.

-Karl

Rapture? Is that a dinosaur?

[quote="TheInquisitor, post:3, topic:276666"]
Here's one thing, they admitted they were wrong! That takes a lot of humility, and God can do a lot with humility :P.

[/quote]

Yes, I agree.

[quote="pablope, post:1, topic:276666"]
news.yahoo.com/harold-camping-admits-rapture-prediction-mistake-191939502--abc-news.html

"We humbly acknowledge we were wrong about the timing," his statement reads. "We tremble before God as we humbly ask Him for forgiveness for making that sinful statement."

And, the statement reads, Family Radio will not announce a new prediction for the end of the world.

*And this part of the statement really made me......:*rotfl::rotfl::banghead:

"We also openly acknowledge that we have no new evidence pointing to another date for the end of the world. Though many dates are circulating, Family Radio has no interest in even considering another date. God has humbled us through the events of May 21, to continue to even more fervently search the Scriptures (the Bible), not to find dates, but to be more faithful in our understanding."

[/quote]

Translation:
"I don't want to look like more of an idiot than I have already proven by setting another date fo the end of the world"
:D

The Mystical Vision of the Virgin Mother is not intended for merely passive enjoyment but has been said to carry a transforming power.http://www.filii.info/g.gif

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.