Campus ministry for upper classmen

Hello everyone –

First off, thanks for taking the time to read this. I’ve been reading the forums for a while now, but this is the first time I’ve been brave enough to post…

Anyway, I’m looking into developing a new ministry program for upperclassmen and graduate students as a part of my (Catholic) university’s campus ministry. A lot of these older students, including myself, have expressed interest in a program with a more mature focus – most of the existing retreats, social events, etc. tend to be geared more toward the freshmen and sophomores on campus. Some of the ideas I’ve thrown around include a kind of “Theology on Tap” style group, meaning we could get together some place off campus (maybe a bar or restaurant?), invite a guest priest or professor to speak about a topic central to faith, and allow time for discussion / socialization. But I’d like to find a new and different approach to addressing older students’ faith.

Do any of you have experience with campus ministry programs like this? If so, how do you cater toward upperclassmen? If not, what kinds of young adult ministry does your home parish provide?

Thanks for all the help. I really look forward to hearing your responses, and I can’t wait to get to work on implementing them!

Peace

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.