Campus Ministry Problem

Not sure if this is the right form to put this in or not but…

I was wondering what I should do about the priest that directs the campus ministry program at my school (which is a public university by the way). He was kind of my spiritual director for a while, but slowly I found out that he was leading me in the wrong direction. I found out that he not only allows homosexual couples to receive communion at Church, but actually encourages it. He told me that he wouldn’t deny a homosexual couple the expression of their love for each other. It bothers me that he distributes communion to these people and that he receives it himself when he is in clear conflict with Church teachings. Should I try to talk to the bishop about this problem or should I just let it go? I have switch parishes obviously, but I don’t even like the fact that I know it is going on and I am doing nothing about it. Even if I did tell the bishop, I’m not sure that he would do anything about it. Is there someone else I can talk to about it?

[quote=St.BJLabre]Is there someone else I can talk to about it?
[/quote]

If I were you, I’d talk to the priest of your new parish, or perhaps a trusted priest from your childhood parish.

You should write a letter to the bishop describing your distress and ask him to handle the situation appropriately. You can then at least have the peace of mind that you did what was in your power to do.

We all have the right to be heard by our bishop about such concerns. Just remember you have no authority to actually do anything about it.

It is Jesus Who will deal with them for scandal, and if it is happening it is because God is allowing it. We must accept all from the hand of God, both the good and the bad. We can do so with confidence when we keep in mind that God brings good out of evil. He is so glorious!

Psalms 90:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand: but it shall not come nigh thee.

hurst

In one of the Epistles Paul comments on this specifically, but I couldn’t find the verse. He basically recommends (1) go to the person individually and respectfully, (2) go with some supporters and try again, (3) go to his superior. I have heard Jimmy Akin recommend this many times.

[quote=awalt]In one of the Epistles Paul comments on this specifically, but I couldn’t find the verse. He basically recommends (1) go to the person individually and respectfully, (2) go with some supporters and try again, (3) go to his superior. I have heard Jimmy Akin recommend this many times.
[/quote]

Gospel of Matthew, 18:15-17

15 "If your brother sins (against you), go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother.
16 If he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, so that 'every fact may be established on the testimony of two or three witnesses.'
17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church. If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector.

The Catholic Church IS the visible body of Christ on earth. Like any body, it can have cancer in it. What do you do when you find cancer? Cut it out! We cut out all those ‘re/de’-formers when they turned to cancer too and we only got a better Church out of it. We have a better and stronger Church without the likes of Calvin, Luther, Zwingli, etc… Their loss is our gain! May God have mercy on them for the missdirection they have sent so many lost souls into.

Preists are just human. We have good ones and bad ones. Write a letter to your Bishop and let him know what is going on. Hopefully he will cure this desease.

By the way, homosexuals have every right to go to mass. What better place for them? I am proud to sit next to anyone in mass who is trying to find Jesus. Jesus went out to forgive the sinners and so must His body, His Catholic Church. The homosexuals have a very tough path and the cross they bear to stop their sin is heavy. But then, their reward will also be great when they accept Jesus and stop the sin. Nothing I gave up for Jesus was as difficult as the sin they must forgo fo Him. I respect celibate homosexuals for the strength of their Faith. I hope I never have a cross as heavy to carry as they do. My cross is light by comparrison.

The Eucharist should not be given to practicing sinners, gay or not.

Thanks dwolstro!

:clapping:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.