Can a Catholic marry in a Catholic Church on a Sunday?

I am wondering if a Catholic can get married in a Catholic Church on a Sunday? I have gotten mixed comments from various sources…all of them Catholic…I understand that other countries permit it . I understand that Sunday is the busiest day of the week for a priest and they may prefer not to do a wedding on a Sunday …however are they able to do it if they are willing and requested to perform a marriage. My son is marrying a girl from another faith…they took the marriage course and made their plans for a long weekend to get married on a Sunday…The priest was initially willing to marry them but then declined indicating that he was unable to marry them on a Sunday. We are wondering Why?

The following link should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church's position on weddings taking place on Sundays. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.**

*Recommended Reading:*
[LIST]
]Does the Catholic Church perform weddings on Sundays?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.