Can a Jewish prayer shawl be used in Catholic liturgy?

Thank you for your advice… I live in Jerusalem and was asked to try to obtain a suitable covering (drape) for the Bible lectern (reading stand) at a Marian feast (the Feast of the Rosary, Oct 7th) being celebrated in a rural district in the Philippines. After being told that it had to be blue or white or blue and white, the only thing I could find was a Jewish Prayer shawl (a Tallit): I had seen it once being used for this very purpose at a Neocatechumenal Eucharistic celebration in Jerusalem, so I bought it. But when I asked a priest here to bless it for me, he said he had his doubts about its use in Catholic liturgy. Thanks for your advice about whether it can be used for this purpose.

The following link should help answer your question. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:**

Can a Catholic wear a Jewish prayer shawl?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.