Can a married Anglican who converts become a priest?

I am a 32 year old married man and a member of the Episcopal Church. Currently I have a Bachelors of Theology degree, finishing up a MA in Theology through DOMUNI University and Lord willing will go to Rome next year for my Doctorate at the Angelicum. I have felt a calling to the Priesthood for a long time now, but with the way the Episcopal Church is at the moment and with the direction they are heading I don’t believe I can teach their liberal doctrine from the pulpit. This is the reason I refuse to attend an Episcopal Seminary.
Also, the more I study Religion and Theology at a Dominican University, the more I realize how in line with Catholic tradition and doctrine I really am.

As someone who is married though, would it still be possible to be ordained as a RC Priest? I have heard of married Anglican/Episcopalian Priests being ordained as RC Priests even though they are married. Not sure however, if one must be ordained first in the Anglican Church.

The following link should help answer your question. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Is it lawful for a Priest to be married?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit