Can a Presbyterian minister participate in our Catholic wedding?

My daughter’s fiance plans to join the Catholic Church. His father is a Presbygerian minister. How can he be included in the wedding?

Directory for the Application of Principles and Norms on Ecumenism:

  1. Upon request of the couple, the local Ordinary may permit the Catholic priest to invite the minister of the party of the other Church or ecclesial Community to participate in the celebration of the marriage, to read from the Scriptures, give a brief exhortation and bless the couple.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit