Can Angels and Demons communicate with each other?

The genesis of this question sparks from an assignment regarding C.S. Lewis’ The Screwtape Letters. The assignment was to choose someone, anyone, and right a letter to Screwtape, since all the letters are from him. My thought was to write from the perspective of the person’s guardian angel, with things along the lines of “as hard as you are working to damn him, I am working even harder to save him”, things like that. It seemed like a interesting take on the assignment but it got me think of the actual feasibility of it. I know angels can communicate with God, and with each other, but do they, could they, communicate with demons as well?

Of course! How else could Saint Micheal command Satan to exit Heaven! :smiley:

And, when disputing with the devil over the body of Moses, Michael said “The Lord rebuke you!” (Jude 1:9)

Angels most certainly can communicate with Demons, just as demons can perceive and hear the Saints as well.

However, if I were in your situation, I would refuse to participate in this assignment. It is one thing for CS Lewis to write from an evil perspective. It is another thing to write TO an evil perspective, or even to PRETEND to be in contact with a demon. I’d ask the teacher for an alternate assignment.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.