Can any man say I am not part of Christs Church?

NO

Christs presence in a believers life is a marvelous thing. One experiences the Spirit of God as we live our life and He guides us, embraces when others would reject us, answers our questions,testifies of Jesus and the things of the Father. How great and marvelous is He. He has embraced us so we know that we are His and if we are His how can we believe anyone who says the we are not part of Christs Church?

Only God knows who is a part of his Church and saved.

:wave:

:stuck_out_tongue:

I can.

I’ll tell you tomorrow though - Im getting ready for bed now :stuck_out_tongue:

Can any man say I am not part of Christs Church?

Yes, some men (and women!) will :wink:

Some say: We’re always right. Everyone else is always wrong and we’ll argue to the bitter end with anyone who says otherwise. We despise being challenged in any way, shape or form. Conform to everything we say and don’t question anything.

Others say: We’re all wrong sometimes. Just try your best–it will all be O.K. in the end. We love you anyway.

Too bad a middle ground is so hard to find for some reason.

As you can (probably) tell, my answer to your question is “no”. God bless! :thumbsup:

God bless

If you are validly Baptized, we know you are part of His Church. If you are not, you may be part of His Church through extraordinary means, but we, being limited creatures, cannot know this with certainty.

No Catholic should deny that you are part of His Church (a Christian) if you are validly Baptized.

A rider to that question could be: Can a Protestant say that I, as a Catholic, am not part of Christ’s Church? Yes, a Protestant can say it, but he or she would be wrong.

, but he or she would be wrong.Exactly what I was about to post. Thanks Peter!

Yet we see this here at CAF on a daily basis as well in our personal encounters with n-Cs and a-Cs.

There is nothing in Hisalone’s initial post that would not apply to any faithful Catholic. By that definition, all n-Cs should shut up and leave Catholics to the practice of our most holy faith.

The differences in doctrine are not new winds of doctrines of men from the Catholic Church, something that we present constantly in our discussions and debates, but are in fact exactly that from the last 500 years and which is still a point that must be resolved, beginning with the fundamental error of Sola Scriptura.

And yet there are at least 6 threads on the front page here that the Catholic Church is Christs Church or somevariation of.

Please, don’t point out the obvious.:smiley:

By the way…why are the ones who have to shutup?

Well… the Catholic Church is the original Church. If you have a problem with that, perhaps you should take it up with our founder? :smiley:

A factual statement is your problem, not the Catholic Church’s.

There is more than ample scriptural and historical evidence that shows that the Catholic Church is the original New Testament, “Full Gospel” Christian Church.

If you cannot trace both your doctrines and your leadership/founder to Christ and His apostles, then perhaps you need to make whatever adjustments to your situation to rectify that problem.

Simple…for the same reasons that you don’t pester and debate with those who are already Christians.

It falls under the following passage of scriptures.

**1 **Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law. For they are unprofitable and vain. **

2** Romans 16 :17 Now I beseech you, brethren, to mark them who make dissensions and offences contrary to the doctrine which you have learned, and avoid them.

3 1st Corinthians 1:11 For it hath been signified unto me, my brethren, of you, by them that are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
4** 2nd Corinthians 12:20 For I fear lest perhaps when I come I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found by you such as you would not. Lest perhaps contentions, envyings, animosities, dissensions, detractions, whisperings, swellings, seditions, be among you. **

5** Galatians 5:20 Idolatry, witchcrafts, enmities, contentions, emulations, wraths, quarrels, dissensions, sects,

Simple…for the same reasons that you don’t pester and debate with those who are already Christians.

Ah! Touche! I couldn’t agree more. I was just being a pest, I know. It was a tad offensive, but hey, I got over it. Thanks for putting in my place. A little humble pie NEVER hurt anyone.:thumbsup:

…and here’s where the difference of perspective comes in. The Church isn’t some temporal organization, but rather as the body of those who follow Christ. I am part of the original Church not by virtue of some physical organization to which my congregation belongs, but because I seek to follow Christ with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength (though I certainly fall far short of doing so).

That’s why the question “but can you trace your denomination back 2000 years?” rings hollow with me. It’s missing the point…which is that His Church is not defined by the hierarchies and structures of this world, but by those who acknowledge the saving grace of Jesus. That which we share in common is infinitely more important than that which divides us, and it is my prayer that we shall live that out as a witness to the world.

:slight_smile: :hug3:

Your opinion is contradicted by the bible.

Matthew 18

17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Luke 10
16"He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

John 20
21Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

1 Timothy 3
15if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

2 Thes 2
15So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

Matthew 16

17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

I like the images. Let’s just not show my wife. She may start to wonder.:thumbsup:

Obviously Chesterton, I believe that the interpretations you make of those passages are mistaken, whether by applying the idea of succession where it is not given, or by once again reverting to a definition of the Church which is defined temporal organization rather than belief in Christ.

I eagerly await the day when these divisions will be no more, and will endeavor to treat my brothers and sisters as family and not enemies until that day comes.

They seem very straight forward to me.

Can you pick a couple and tell what interpretation you might have that I don’t?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.