Can anyone help me to write a thank you to a priest in Spanish?

Hi,

Our parish priest just gave my son a gift and I want him to write him a thank you note in Spanish. He says he wants it to say, "Thank you for the beautiful blanket. I love you."

I am realizing that I have no idea how to translate, "I love you" when it is addressed by a child to a priest- can anyone help?

Sure. Is the blanket like a bed covering or more of a throw or a quilt? Signing off with "Con mucho amor’ (With much love) may be the way to express “I love you” How close is the priest to the family?

[quote="Cyndir, post:2, topic:222884"]
Sure. Is the blanket like a bed covering or more of a throw or a quilt? Signing off with "Con mucho amor' (With much love) may be the way to express "I love you" How close is the priest to the family?

[/quote]

It's a fuzzy kind of blanket with Our Lady of Guadalupe on it.

The priest knows my son (age 4) pretty well, and they talk a little before or after Mass each week. This priest is special to my son, but our family doesn't have a relationship with him outside of church.

Padre _________,

Muchas gracias por la cobija hermosa con el imagen de La Virgen de Guadalupe. Me encanta!
(Thank you very much for the beautiful blanket with the image of the Virgin of Guadalupe on it. I like it a lot!)

Con carino,
(with affection)
or
Con amor,
(with love,)

I hope this helps your boy out!

Thanks so much!

[quote="Cyndir, post:4, topic:222884"]
Padre _________,

Muchas gracias por la cobija hermosa con el imagen de La Virgen de Guadalupe. Me encanta!

(Thank you very much for the beautiful blanket with the image of the Virgin of Guadalupe on it. I like it a lot!)

Con carino,
(with affection)
or
Con amor,
(with love,)

I hope this helps your boy out!

[/quote]

I hope you don't mind but Spanish is my first language and there are is a minor error in the translation.

Muchas gracias por la hermosa cobija con la imagen de La Virgen de Guadalupe. Me encanta!

Imagen takes the feminine article, it's not as easy to know because the word does not end in a or o. Spanish lesson over lol!

Spanish is not my first language. Thanks for catching the error! We want this little boy to get it right!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.