Can anyone please tell me which Eucharistic Miracle this picture is of?

Hey everyone. I found a picture of a Eucharistic Miracle online but I don't know which Eucharistic Miracle it is. Could someone please identify it for me?

A woman in Paris, France stole the Blessed Sacrament
and gave it to an unbelieving pawnbroker
in exchange for a dress.
The pawnbroker took out a knife
and began stabbing the Host.

Great streams of blood
gushed from the knife wounds in the Host.

catholiccompany.com/emails/012711EucharisticMiracles.html

Still working on it. So far have seen this photo multiple times with no place given, just the affirmation that "this is a Eucharistic Miracle." I know Joan Carroll Cruz wrote a book titled "Eucharistic Miracles" which had pictures ... but I don't seem to have it anymore (I lend books when asked).

Here is a list from one site that included your picture (without documenting WHERE it came from). I can't verify its veracity or if these are all approved appearances ... but it might help you in your search.

Eucharistic Miracles...
For hundreds of years, and in diverse places, Eucharistic Miracles have occurred. These listed here are well documented from both Church and secular sources, and have been declared unexplainable by science and therefore, are genuine miracles from GOD. Some of the Sacred Hosts turned into real human flesh, some have bled real human blood, some have exuded a pure olive oil of a species of olive tree not found on earth. Others have lasted inexplicably for centuries, whereas if they were simply bread, would have disintegrated within just a few years. Many, you can see today, in or near the cities or towns in which they were manifested.

When and where they occurred:

700, Lanciano Italy.
1153, Blaine France.
1171, March 28, Ferraro Italy.
1194, Augsburg Germany.
1200's early, St Anthony of Padua and the mule*.
1200's late, Santarem Portugal.
1225 - 1247, (time frame) Santarem Portugal.
1228, Altari Italy.
1230, December 30, Florence Italy.
1239, Daroca Spain.
1252, Assisi Italy, St Clare.
1263, Bolsena and Orvieto Italy. Peter of Prague.
1273, Offida Italy.
1280, Slavonice Czechoslovakia.
1290, Paris France.
1294, Venice Italy.
1300, Cebrero Spain.
1300, Aninon Spain.
1300's, Cascia Italy.
1317, Viversel Belgium.
1330, Walldurn Germany.
1331, March 31, Blanot France.
1333, Feast of Ascension, Bologna Italy, 12 year old Bl. Imelda Lambertini.
1345, March 15, Amsterdam Netherlands.
1345, Krakow Poland.
1356, April 25, Macereta Italy.
1369, October 4, Brussels Belgium.
1372, Siena Italy, St Catherine.
1374, Middleburg, Netherlands.
1379, Boxtel Holland.
1384, Holy Thursday, Seefield Austria.
1405, Ittre Belgium, Bois Seigneur Isaac.
1412, Bagno Di Romagna Italy.
1417, Regensburg-Deggendorf-Erding Germany.
1427, Zaragoza Spain.
1433, Dijon France.
1433, Avignon France.
1447, Ettiswill Switzerland.
1450's? Langenwiese Poland-Czechoslovakia area.
1453, Turin Italy.
1472, Volterra Italy.
1601, La Viluena Spain.
1730, Siena Italy.

*A doubter challenged St. Anthony that his mule would not respond to the "True Presence".
St. Anthony took the challenge. The man did not feed his mule for several days and St. Anthony brought out the Holy Eucharist and the man brought out food for the animal. The mule ignored the food and knelt down on its front legs to the "True Presence" of Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist.

You can read about, and see pictures of some of these Eucharistic Miracles in a book titled, "Miracles of the Eucharist".

spiritofadoration.home.comcast.net/~spiritofadoration/Adorationissue1.pdf

There is no photo of this ... but** it could be a Eucharistic Miracle of our time in Baltimore involving the planned visit to a Seminary Chapel by Pope John Paul II in 1995.
The story goes: A security sweep was made of the chapel using trained German Shepherds which detect the living scent of human beings. The dogs wandered all through the chapel, but when they came to the front, they indicated that yes, there was someone in the chapel.

The pointed directly to the tabernacle and did not cease until their handlers took them away.

I don't THINK this is an official Eucharistic Miracle site or being investigated. After all, it is just the "regular Eucharist!"

Regular. :eek: Just the most astounding miracle of all. Our Lord and maker, present in an even more humble form than the babe in Bethlehem.

It being a security measure not so long ago ... I wonder if somewhere there is video of this? And if so if it ever might be released.

panjikristo.multiply.com/photos/album/27/HOSTI-YANG-BERDARAH

I don't read this language, but it shows the picture you posted and has comments in what looks to be an Indonesian language.

Because of that I searched for Indonesian Eucharistic Miracles and came up with this one, similar to the case in post #2.

The case of the Desicrated Eucharist -- and the conversion of an anti-Catholic Muslim.

http://www.christianorder.com/features/features_2006/features_apr06.html

[quote="CaptFun, post:4, topic:294959"]
spiritofadoration.home.comcast.net/~spiritofadoration/Adorationissue1.pdf

There is no photo of this ... but** it could be a Eucharistic Miracle of our time in Baltimore involving the planned visit to a Seminary Chapel by Pope John Paul II in 1995.
The story goes: A security sweep was made of the chapel using trained German Shepherds which detect the living scent of human beings. The dogs wandered all through the chapel, but when they came to the front, they indicated that yes, there was someone in the chapel.

The pointed directly to the tabernacle and did not cease until their handlers took them away.

I don't THINK this is an official Eucharistic Miracle site or being investigated. After all, it is just the "regular Eucharist!"

Regular. :eek: Just the most astounding miracle of all. Our Lord and maker, present in an even more humble form than the babe in Bethlehem.

It being a security measure not so long ago ... I wonder if somewhere there is video of this? And if so if it ever might be released.

[/quote]

What an amazing story! I had never heard of this!

[quote="CaptFun, post:3, topic:294959"]
Still working on it. So far have seen this photo multiple times with no place given, just the affirmation that "this is a Eucharistic Miracle." I know Joan Carroll Cruz wrote a book titled "Eucharistic Miracles" which had pictures ... but I don't seem to have it anymore (I lend books when asked).

Here is a list from one site that included your picture (without documenting WHERE it came from). I can't verify its veracity or if these are all approved appearances ... but it might help you in your search.

Eucharistic Miracles...
For hundreds of years, and in diverse places, Eucharistic Miracles have occurred. These listed here are well documented from both Church and secular sources, and have been declared unexplainable by science and therefore, are genuine miracles from GOD. Some of the Sacred Hosts turned into real human flesh, some have bled real human blood, some have exuded a pure olive oil of a species of olive tree not found on earth. Others have lasted inexplicably for centuries, whereas if they were simply bread, would have disintegrated within just a few years. Many, you can see today, in or near the cities or towns in which they were manifested.

When and where they occurred:

700, Lanciano Italy.
1153, Blaine France.
1171, March 28, Ferraro Italy.
1194, Augsburg Germany.
1200's early, St Anthony of Padua and the mule*.
1200's late, Santarem Portugal.
1225 - 1247, (time frame) Santarem Portugal.
1228, Altari Italy.
1230, December 30, Florence Italy.
1239, Daroca Spain.
1252, Assisi Italy, St Clare.
1263, Bolsena and Orvieto Italy. Peter of Prague.
1273, Offida Italy.
1280, Slavonice Czechoslovakia.
1290, Paris France.
1294, Venice Italy.
1300, Cebrero Spain.
1300, Aninon Spain.
1300's, Cascia Italy.
1317, Viversel Belgium.
1330, Walldurn Germany.
1331, March 31, Blanot France.
1333, Feast of Ascension, Bologna Italy, 12 year old Bl. Imelda Lambertini.
1345, March 15, Amsterdam Netherlands.
1345, Krakow Poland.
1356, April 25, Macereta Italy.
1369, October 4, Brussels Belgium.
1372, Siena Italy, St Catherine.
1374, Middleburg, Netherlands.
1379, Boxtel Holland.
1384, Holy Thursday, Seefield Austria.
1405, Ittre Belgium, Bois Seigneur Isaac.
1412, Bagno Di Romagna Italy.
1417, Regensburg-Deggendorf-Erding Germany.
1427, Zaragoza Spain.
1433, Dijon France.
1433, Avignon France.
1447, Ettiswill Switzerland.
1450's? Langenwiese Poland-Czechoslovakia area.
1453, Turin Italy.
1472, Volterra Italy.
1601, La Viluena Spain.
1730, Siena Italy.

*A doubter challenged St. Anthony that his mule would not respond to the "True Presence".
St. Anthony took the challenge. The man did not feed his mule for several days and St. Anthony brought out the Holy Eucharist and the man brought out food for the animal. The mule ignored the food and knelt down on its front legs to the "True Presence" of Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist.

You can read about, and see pictures of some of these Eucharistic Miracles in a book titled, "Miracles of the Eucharist".

[/quote]

Great list. Thanks for sharing.

DGB

Today at Mass, our priest mentioned a relatively new one which occured in Buenos Aries. Sorry, I don't know how to bring it to this site but you can search for it.

They did send the Host to a CA lab in a blind study. They'll tell you all about the conclusion and about the DNA test. :thumbsup:

I LOVE MIRACLES!! :love::harp:

This is a really strange image. Whenever I find it doing a search, no one seems to know what it is; it's always referred to under the blanket term of "eucharistic miracle" and the image is always named "miracle2.jpg".

That said, the only caption I found (on the 150th+ try :p) was this: "This miracle occurred on March 22, 1998 in Rome."

Searching further I came up with this information: "We keep jealously the three hosts that bled: the first one on 22nd march 1998, the second one on 17th may 1998 and the third one on 11th november 1999; all the three hosts are kept perfectly and they issue yet a delicate scent."

I went through the Vatican's "Eucharistic Miracles of the World" exhibition, but there was no information about it.

-Byrnwiga

Thanks everyone for the information. That said, the story about the dogs detecting human scent coming from the tabernacle is amazing.

[quote="CaptFun, post:5, topic:294959"]
panjikristo.multiply.com/photos/album/27/HOSTI-YANG-BERDARAH

I don't read this language, but it shows the picture you posted and has comments in what looks to be an Indonesian language.

Because of that I searched for Indonesian Eucharistic Miracles and came up with this one, similar to the case in post #2.

The case of the Desicrated Eucharist -- and the conversion of an anti-Catholic Muslim.

http://www.christianorder.com/features/features_2006/features_apr06.html

[/quote]

"Hosti itu mengeluarkan darah dan menjadi gumpalan daging" means The host exudes blood and becomes a mass of flesh, in Malay language.

[quote="Vico, post:11, topic:294959"]
"Hosti itu mengeluarkan darah dan menjadi gumpalan daging" means The host exudes blood and becomes a mass of flesh, in Malay language.

[/quote]

Thanks Vico. I was hoping to find out the place it happened. Ah well, Seek and ye shall find, I guess! :)

Wow, are these stories real? That's so cool, especially about the dogs sensing "someone" in the tabernacle. Amazing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.