Can Anyone Recommend a Book on the Documents of the Seconcd Vatican Council?

Please click out of this thread now if you want to discuss the spirit of Vatican II, the smoke of satan, freestanding altars, summorum pontificum, removal of statues, altar girls, use of Latin or communion in the hand.

If however, you care to recommend a good book on the documents of Vatican II - something that discusses and/or explains the documents in a spirit of union with the magesterium and union with the Holy Father - then I would be in your debt.

-Tim-

The Gift of Infallibility: The Official Relatio on Infallibility of Bishop Vincent Ferrer Gasser at Vatican Council I by Vincent Gasser, James T. O’Connor trans.

Although it is about Vatican I address before the vote, it does cover the conciliar understanding of the infallibility of the Church expanded at Vatican II.**

I recommend the following:

harvestingthefruit.com/store/faith-formation-series/

Peace,
Ed

If you want an informative book on the “behind the scenes” of the council and a succinct explanation of the documents I would recommend. “A Concise Guide to the Documents of Vatican II” by Edward P. Hannenberg, St. Anthony Messenger Press

[quote="DCNBILL, post:4, topic:297976"]
If you want an informative book on the "behind the scenes" of the council and a succinct explanation of the documents I would recommend. "A Concise Guide to the Documents of Vatican II" by Edward P. Hannenberg, St. Anthony Messenger Press

[/quote]

I read that and use it as a reference as well. Being the 50th anniversary of the Council there are a lot of new books out there. My pastor just ordered one for all the staff but I don't remember which one as he had a number of them he was considering buying us. I'll have to see when it comes in.

[quote="DCNBILL, post:4, topic:297976"]
If you want an informative book on the "behind the scenes" of the council and a succinct explanation of the documents I would recommend. "A Concise Guide to the Documents of Vatican II" by Edward P. Hannenberg, St. Anthony Messenger Press

[/quote]

Ordered. I have to come up to speed relatively fast and so the word "Concise" in the title did it for me. :D

Thank you Deacon, and thank you all for your suggestions and for having taken the time to repsond.

-Tim-

[quote="TimothyH, post:6, topic:297976"]
Ordered. I have to come up to speed relatively fast and so the word "Concise" in the title did it for me. :D

Thank you Deacon, and thank you all for your suggestions and for having taken the time to repsond.

-Tim-

[/quote]

Glad to be of help, I am using this text for an intro course into Vatican II for our "School of Christian Formation" in the diocese, the class seems to really enjoy it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.