Can Catholics be Democrats?

Not as long as we have Catholics that believe stuff such as this:

They will not even concede that point.

It is like this:

Us: It is Crimson and White

Them : I disagree, it is not Orange and Blue.

Us:Alabama-Flag-Current

Them: I disagree, it is not Orange and Blue.

On such a touchy subject that has Catholics divided into a messy chaos YES indeed. And it would put the matter to rest FOREVER.

Why aren’t you forming your conscience on your own instead of waiting for orders?

I have and _As has been said many times before, a vote for a candidate for public office is not a vote for every single thing that candidate believes.

But the Vatican has spoken on the importance of voting against abortion MANY times.

But never from the Chair of Peter…Ex-Cathedra…

And neither do you.

As has been said many times before, a vote for a candidate for public office is not a vote for every single thing that candidate believes.

A thoroughly humoring and educational post, but for reasons different that what the author intended.

You can show a man anything, but you can never make him admit it’s there…

If you’re going to post things on here, expect disagreement nonetheless.

That flexibility is part of Church teaching.

But I’m sure those who voted for pro-slave politicians also said the same thing.

And what are you doing to help stop abortion?

It’s a BIG problem if Catholics are divided on the issue of right to life.

The Vatican has made it crystal clear that abortion is the most serious issue of our time and the lame excuse often given on here “but the environment” has been directly addressed and refuted by the Vatican as not equal to abortion.

Besides, modern liberal policies tend to harm the environment.

Prove it. (The Vatican does not publish dogmatic ranking of issues according to seriousness.)

There is nothing that can stop abortion in the United States.
Even if Roe vs Wade was overturned, it would not stop Abortions.
Abortion banning would be regulated to the States.

Loopholes for States that ban Abortion;

1. Indian Reservations can set up Abortion Clinic with an Indian performing the procedure.
  2. States that are Coastal can have floating clinics set up beyond the 12 Nautical Mile point.
  3. Women can just cross State Lines.
  4. States on Canada and Mexican borders, women can just cross the Border.

End Game: Resistance is Futile.

According to PEW, 1/3 of Reps are Pro-Choice.

third of republicans are pro choice

Funny, I thought the GOP were dying old men. So what does it matter for the future?

And no one ever said the GOP was really great on pro-life, but to set the bar low, they usually beat the Democrats.

Everyone on the planet could believe that abortion is ok, but it never will be. Anyone with a healthy set of morals and an understanding that what happens to the least of us affects us all will fight abortion, no matter how many people say it’s ok.

Abortion regulation would reduce the number of abortions.

I agree that overturning Roe will not end abortions, but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be overturned.

If the United States can stop abortion, the influence will be exported.

“Laws don’t completely stop theft, so let’s just give up on anti-theft laws.”

As has been said many times before, a vote for a candidate for public office is not a vote for every single thing that candidate believes.

You can throw your vote in on a single issue or two and ignore the dozen or so others
or
you can throw your vote on those dozen or so and ignore the single issue or two.

You can vote for the same party that supports Rapists like Roy Moore or not.
You can vote for the same party that supports Neo Nazis or not.
You can vote for the same party that supports the KKK or not.
You can vote for the same party that supports the White Supremist or not.
You can vote for the same party that will allow atrocities like the Las Vegas shooting and the Texas Church shooting to continue unchecked or not.
etc,
etc,
etc.

Not even close to an analogy. Nice try though.

Because you say it’s not? Sorry bud, it works. Laws shape the land. And pro-life laws would shape the land towards being pro-life. That’s just how it is.

Murder is murder is murder is murder is murder is murder. Yeah, I’ll vote single-issue on that every time.

I guess my question would be: Why would Democrats want to be Catholic? :crazy_face:

I guarantee to you that no political candidate you vote in unless he be the antichrist will bring the end of the world.
If you really think all candidates are evil and will cause problems, you don’t have to vote I think. But the massacre of the unborn is pretty bad.

Nottomentionsheessentiallydestroyedthemiddleeastandallsortsofothershadystuff.

Really, Clinton was like the worst presidential candidate ever. Had she been like 2nd worst, she probably would have won. But because she was the worst, she lost.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.