Can Catholics participate in Protestant Healing Services?

My in-laws are protestant and they invited my wife (who is catholic) to go with them to a Healing service, where certain individual was said to have the “healing gift”. My wife refused, as she said she was not Protestant anymore, and she did not believe God would want her to go, but they reply that even if she was not Protestant, the fact that this individual was doing miracles in Jesus’ name is acceptable to God as per Mark 9:38-41:

Mar 9:38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

Mar 9:39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

Mar 9:40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

Mar 9:41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

Are Catholics allowed to participite in other denominations’ healing services if the healing is done in the name of Jesus?

Thanks for your answer,

E.C.

They can observed but cannot part-take any in action in a Healing Service.

Cautious should be use when a Catholic attend such a service.

Well, one would think it would be alright, if done in Christ’s name, but in reality, it’s probably not, according to the Church. However, I don’t know this for a fact.

doesn’t Jesus say in the end times people will come in His name and work wonders?..
anyway, i would caution against it, but if you want to go, know God is watching over you

like I said caution is recommended if one goes, but the Catholic does not want to go. Don’t force them. So since your wife does not want to go, she should not be force against her will.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.