Can daily Mass substitute for Sunday?

Though we all have our “gripes” with our own parish and the liturgy there, we should overlook them because of the immeasurable importance of the Mass. Increasingly, however, I have found that the worst part of Sunday Mass is the horrible music. Even when it is musically decent, the choice of song is horrible. The songs range from Protestant hymns like “Amazing Grace” to juvenile jingles that are only fit for the “Barney” TV Show. There may be some people who use this type of music to enhance their relationship with God, but I certainly do not and I have found very little to no enthusiasm on the part of the people around me. Most people seem to tolerate the music, at best. If the intention was to invite more participation in the Mass, the goal has NOT been achieved. I wonder how many people are driven away by this noise.

I realize that the “music ministers” are often only trying to do their best, though sometimes they seem to be much more interested in their “performance” (American Idol, watch out!). Even when they are supposed to be quiet (after Communion) they go on incessantly. Certainly it would be difficult for the pastor to tell them they are not wanted but…

I often wish that the Church would issue CDs with decent music that could be piped into our Church. Perhaps, we could also be allowed a moment of silence.

In short, I find the music at Mass to be a terrible distraction and DEtraction from the Mass. Even the earliest Sunday Mass includes this music. Is there any way that particpation in a series of weekday Masses (without music) could substitute for my Sunday obligation?

I think I know the answer to this question but maybe it is worth a try.

This link should be give you the answer you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Saturday Mass (In lieu of missing Sunday)
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.