Can God call a Catholic back to his Protestant church?

I am approaching my third year anniversary as a Catholic this Pentecost, and most of my life was spent as a Protestant. I am having many thoughts about Catholic doctrine now I just dont know if I accept anymore and I feel as though God is calling me back into the Protestant church. Is this “normal” for God to actually call somebody to be Protestant who is a Catholic? I have so many doubts at this time in my Catholic walk, im not really sure what to do.

Dear friend,

Truth is not a matter of feeling. It either is or it isn’t. Truth doesn’t become untruth when we doubt it. There has to be some reason that you decided to become a Catholic. It is very possible that your introduction to the Catholic faith was inadequate. I can’t help you here without knowing the nature of your doubts. But feel free to contact me privately by clicking on my name. You are in our prayers.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.