Can God justify objective morality?

Let’s assume so. This means that any intelligent being, like human, can also justify it. Humanity however does not agree on the fact that objective morality exists. This means objective morality cannot be justified. Therefore God cannot justify objective morality.

In Atheism can objective morality exist through evolution?

You are making an assumption for what reason? B/c you turn around and violate the assumption.

That isn’t a ten for intelligence on a 1-10 scale.

I am simply saying that every intelligent being can agree on objective morality if it is justifiable. We, humans, however do not agree on existence of objective morality. Therefore objective morality cannot be justified.

?
Morality deals with the evaluation of human acts. Every sentient person does that.
Not sure you are understanding the terms you are using.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

WHy do you want to spite me? Are you looking for a battle?

Please can you define objective morality and how it is different to subjective morality?

Thanks

Why not just say…

Morality is subjective.

[quote=“STT, post:3, topic:453574, full:true”]
I am simply saying that every intelligent being can agree on objective morality if it is justifiable.

Intelligence is a relative thing. How intelligent must one be in order to meet your IQ test?

But if you’re saying that all humans are intelligent, you have already proven yourself wrong.

I have an IQ over 160 yet I possess no common sense. Do I qualify as intelligent?

The truth is that morality is subjective and objective. The degree of objectivity is in each person’s conscience. (grey or b/w)

To be objective is to take a step backwards and see something as an outsider without emotion or prejudice.
To be subjective is to see something as it affects one or ones family or community…

Is conscience objective?

Well, it tells us what is right or wrong, whether we like it or not. And unless you are able to quell it, it keeps nagging and nagging and nagging…

However the conclusions drawn by conscience then end up being dragged through the conscious mind and compared against a set of rules we are nurtured with.

Where did our conscience come from? According to Genesis 2 it came from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil from which Adam and Eve ate the fruit. From that point humanity knew intrinsically what was right and wrong.

What were the first actions of Adam and Eve after they ate the fruit? They clothed themselves because they were ashamed. God made them naked and innocent, but they chose to cover themselves. We all know that God is good. He created Adam and Eve out of love. He created them in His goodness. He created them naked. They chose to cover themselves. They opted to rebel against their Creator.

When Adam and Eve were ejected from the garden, what did God give them? He gave them more clothes. They could have refused them and stripped back down to being naked as an apology. They did not. They maintained that nakedness was not for them, even though God had created them that way.

Their conscience was contrary to God. It wasn’t just eating the fruit that caused their eviction. It was the persistence to rely upon what they thought they had learned from eating the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Morality, the determination of what is Good and what is Evil, created by humans is therefore not of God.

Subjective uses what the person believes to be true w/o hard facts.

Objective uses what the person believes to be true w/ hard facts.

The above is relative to laws of evidence of an occurrence and what constitutes belief. Objective belief is more solid than subjective belief. B/c if one subjectively belives something before he has all the hard facts and then later receives, via discovery, more hard facts which are contrary to his subjective belief, he, an an unbiased individual, will regard his subjective belief as an error.

Yet in language the Subject does the action and the Object receives the action…

Remember what God did after the Tower of Babel…

Are you a nationalist?

The curse of eating the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil by humans is that ‘thou shalt surely die’.

Morality is defined as the knowledge of good and evil.

How many people have died as a result of human morality?

THe serpent told them that the tree of knowledge would allow them to know right from wrong…

The serpent is a liar.

Why don’t you answer that question regarding the number of people. I think your views are archaic.

But, to answer. All people die b/c of original sin. Sin leads to death. Morality is not the reason for death.

Genesis 2 verse 9
And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 2 verse 17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

It is written twice for confirmation.

No, I am not nationalist. I have no political affiliation.

Morality is of God. Here is why…

God gave us the Commandments through Moses. God fulfilled the Commandments in Jesus.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.