Can I (a Roman Catholic) receive communion at an Eastern Catholic Church?

I want to visit a local Ukrainian Catholic Church, will I be able to receive communion there?

[quote="followingtheway, post:1, topic:342066"]
I want to visit a local Ukrainian Catholic Church, will I be able to receive communion there?

[/quote]

Of course. There are valid sacraments there. The church is in communion with the Holy Father. What's the problem?

[quote="followingtheway, post:1, topic:342066"]

[/quote]

Yes. :)

Absolutely. You can receive at any church in full communion with Rome. You may also go to confession, if you like.

Edit: Whoops!! I thought I read "Eastern Orthodox" not "Eastern Catholic"

Disregard!!

Yes you can.:)

Both in the Orthodox and Eastern Catholic Churches you stand for the Holy Mysteries. You also cross your arms as right over left as an X. When you approached the chalice you tell the priest that you are RC and give your first name, so he can give you the Mysteries. Wait a few seconds so he can wipe your mouth and most churches you then kiss the chalice. Just watch the people ahead of you and do likewise. After receiving the Mysteries watch or follow the people who then go for a piece of bread and drink a little wine to wash down the Holy Mysteries. Fr Christian

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.