Can I ask God to show me the place he has prepared for me in heaven through a dream

:frowning: I feel bad about this because I do not know if I am going to Heaven or Hell… but would it be a bad idea to??

I would say dont do it…you dont know if its truly from god, satan or something your mind made up,
Secondly the bible warns against divination and psychic stuff
If god wanted to show you a message in a vision or dream he would do it, he wouldnt need you to ask,

Just stick to praying like the church recommends

I did not know that was psychic stuff, etc. Thank you! That is true, I will not know where the message is coming from…

Nobody knows if they are saved or not till their judgement after death,

I would wager there are plenty of individuals here that would help you make the determination on whether or not you are saved. That’s how us Catholics roll! :shrug:

Short answer… no.
Just do what you can to advance in the spiritual life. Get a spiritual director. Listen to him. very simple, yet difficult to master.

If you die in a state of grace, you’ll go to Heaven. If you die in a state of mortal sin, you’ll go to Hell. You might want to read the Catechism on mortal sin and venial sin so you understand it. Once you become Catholic you’ll be able to partake in the Sacrament of Reconciliation which cleanses our soul of sin.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.